Problems with Type 4 MS SQLServer driver connection...

Eric Liga

Nov 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/28/98
I'm trying out i-net's Type IV MS SQLServer drivers
(from http://www.inetsoftware.de/en/jdbc/Default.htm)
and they seem pretty straightforward, but...

I'm having a problem when connecting. It may be due to permissions. It
may be due to the fact that the database is empty and I'm trying to
connect to it in order to add tables. I'm not sure.

The following code produces the following errors:

public static boolean ConnectToDatabase(String URL, String UserName,
String Password) throws java.sql.SQLException {

try {
System.out.println("Preparing to load driver: i-net TDSDriver
(Type IV JDBC to MS SQL Server)...");
new com.inet.tds.TdsDriver(); //loads the driver
System.out.println("TDS Driver loaded!");

//set a timeout for login and query
DriverManager.setLoginTimeout(10);

System.out.print("Preparing to negotiate connection with " +
URL + "...");
connection = DriverManager.getConnection(URL, UserName,
Password);
System.out.print("Connection accepted!");

Preparing to load driver: i-net TDSDriver (Type IV JDBC to MS SQL
Server)...
TDS Driver loaded!
Preparing to negotiate connection with
jdbc:inetdae:128.194.69.245:1433?debug=tr
ue...This beta version expires on 31-Jan-1999.
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: non-public interface method
com/inet/tds/TdsResult
Set.cancelRowUpdates
at com.inet.tds.TdsConnection.checkPufferSize(Compiled Code)
at com.inet.tds.TdsStatement.execute(TdsStatement.java:106)
at com.inet.tds.TdsStatement.executeQuery(TdsStatement.java:95)
at com.inet.tds.TdsConnection.<init>(TdsConnection.java:163)
at com.inet.tds.TdsDriver.connect(TdsDriver.java:42)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:163)
at DB_Module.ConnectToDatabase(DB_Module.java:30)
at TestApp.main(Compiled Code)
exception: non-public interface method
com/inet/tds/TdsResultSet.cancelRowUpdate
java.sql.SQLException: non-public interface method
com/inet/tds/TdsResultSet.can
celRowUpdates
at com.inet.tds.TdsDriver.createSQLException(TdsDriver.java:142)
at com.inet.tds.TdsConnection.lesen(Compiled Code)
at com.inet.tds.TdsStatement.execute(TdsStatement.java:106)
at com.inet.tds.TdsStatement.executeQuery(TdsStatement.java:95)
at com.inet.tds.TdsConnection.<init>(TdsConnection.java:163)
at com.inet.tds.TdsDriver.connect(TdsDriver.java:42)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:163)
at DB_Module.ConnectToDatabase(DB_Module.java:30)
at TestApp.main(Compiled Code)

If I send it an incorrect username or password, it correctly returns a
rejection. But if I connect using a correct username and password
(including the sa username and password), it gives the errors listed
above.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric Liga