No Foxpro Access

robertm

Jan 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/26/00
PROBLEM: I can no longer access FoxPro tables with my odbc driver.

I attach to an Access7 db via a DSN entry (using Access driver) and the
following code snippet:

String url = "jdbc:odbc:sam";

Using this code I can get into native Access tables, attached Excel tables,
attached ODBC tables, BUT NOT attached FoxPro tables (I get the error
below). I used to be able to get in before upgrading from jdk1.1.6 to
jdk1.2. No code has changed, just the jdk.

Can anyone suggest why this might be?
ERROR:
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not
find installable ISAM.
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:4089)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:4246)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecDirect(JdbcOdbc.java:1172)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.execute(JdbcOdbcStatement.java:206)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.executeQuery(JdbcOdbcStatement.java:131)
at Dbaccess.Dbaccess(Dbaccess.java:37)
at Dbaccess.main(Dbaccess.java:53)
Exception in thread "main"