jdbc: MySQL Connector/J probleme

1 view

Geiregat Jonas

Mar 29, 2004, 2:08:47 PM3/29/04
I'm using MySQL Connector/J 3.0.11-stable,
My app compiles fine but when I run it I always get these errors:
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:532)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
at QueryApp2.main(QueryApp2.java:25)

I don't know what's wrong I've added the com and lib dir's to my
classpath also I've tryed to place the *jar file in
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext, but that didn't help.

The single source file is located at http://jonasg.ath.cx/jdbc

Herman Timmermans

Mar 30, 2004, 2:52:52 AM3/30/04
Geiregat Jonas wrote:

Hi,
looking at your source i found that your url is wrong, it should be :
"jdbc:mysql://appel" .This of course in the understanding that you have your
server called appel, if you are running it on your local host just put
"jdbc:mysql://localhost"
This should solve your "No suitable driver" message.
Brgds,
Herman

--
Suse Linux Professional 8.1 on Athlon 1.1 Ghz 512 Mb
Anti Spam = remove the "dot" and the "at"