JConnect Installation Question

Tammy

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97

I am currently using JDK1.1.4, running on Windows 95.
I downloaded and installed Jconnect 2.2 and set the variables:
JDBC_HOME to c:\program files\sybase\jconnect
CLASSPATH to c:\program files\sybase\jconnect\classes;
c:\jdk1.1.4\lib\classes.zip

I get the following error when running "java Validate"
from the sample directory:

java.sql.SQLException: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.io.IOException:
Connection failed to '192.138.151.39:4444'

at com.sybase.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java)
at com.sybase.tds.Tds.login(Tds.java)
at com.sybase.jdbc.SybConnection.<init>(Sybconnection.java)
at com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver.connection(SybDriver.java)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:91)
at Validate.main(Validate.java)

Does anyone have any clues to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks, Tammy