no oci73jdbc in shared library path

Peter A. DeAngelis

May 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/5/98

I get the following error in attempting to access Personal Oracle.
I'm using:
Personal Oracle 7.2.2.3.1
the latest JDBC OCI from Oracle
Windows 95
JDK 1.1.5

Here's my (really Oracle's) code:

import java.sql.*;

class OracleTest {
public static void main (String args []) throws SQLException {
// Load Oracle driver
DriverManager.registerDriver (new
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());

// Connect to the local database
Connection conn =
DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:oracle:oci7:@help", "Peter",
"Peter");

// Query the employee names
Statement stmt = conn.createStatement ();
ResultSet rset = stmt.executeQuery ("select Assignee from Problem");

// Print the name out
while (rset.next ())
System.out.println (rset.getString (1));
}
}

Here's my error:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oci73jdbc in shared library path
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:440)
at oracle.jdbc.oci7.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:138)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:93)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:146)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:91)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:134)
at OracleTest.main(OracleTest.java:11)

I've found "oci73jdbc.dll" and tried to put it in just about everywhere
imaginable. I've
mucked with my PATH and CLASSPATH variables to no avail.

Please help! I don't know much about Windows 95 or Oracle and I'm
feeling
more lost by the minute.

Thanks, Peter DeAngelis

Andy Brough

May 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/6/98

Peter,

I have the same problem which I haven't yet solved, but am trying to. If I
manage to solve it I'll let you know how. If you solve it please let me know
how !!

Andy.

dothisbyha...@earthlink.net.dothisbyhand

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98

Guys:

Try to put it in your \oracle\bin directory, where your OCI drivers
are.

jchuang

Erik McCurdy

May 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/7/98
to pdea...@mail.owg.fs.lmco.com

You need to copy oci73jdbc.dll to your Oracle bin directory (e.g
C:\ORANT\BIN) and
ensure that this directory is included in your system path.

- Erik