Problems with PostgreSQL & JDBC

oalf...@idecnet.com

Mar 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/15/98

I've built a simple program in Java using JDBC and PostgreSQL under Linux.
I've also the JDBC Driver to work, but seems that isn't fine the driver cause
when i executre the program i have this message:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String: method getBytes()[B not found
at postgresql.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:88)
at postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:87)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:90)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:132)
at SimpleSelect.main(SimpleSelect.java:15)

and stops.

Best Regards: Oscar Garcia. oalfonso@idecnet#NOSPAM#.com

please remove #NOSPAM# from my email address.

Martin Skou

Mar 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/15/98

I do not know if this is your problem, but I ran into a similar
error a month ago. It turned out to be my Netscape browser not
supporting internal classes. There is a patch for that at Netscapes
site.

Martin