JDBC

sampath_raja

Jan 8, 2001, 8:34:24 PM1/8/01
THE CODE:
Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection
("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@MES","mesdev1","mes1dev");
Statement st = con.createStatement();
ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM WIP");

PATH & CLASSPATH
set path = f:\ows\4.0
\jdk\bin;f:\bin\oci805jdbc.dll;f:\bin\Ora805.dll;f:\bin\Oci.dll
set classpath=f:\ows\4.0
\jdk\lib;f:\jdbc\lib\classes111.zip;f:\ots\classes\oraclejts.jar;
f:\ots\classes\jtsjdbc.jar;

THE ERROR
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oci805jdbc in shared library
path
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Compiled Code)
at oracle.jdbc.oci7.OCIDBAccess.logon
(OCIDBAccess.java:186)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>
(OracleConnection.java:127)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance
(OracleDriver.java:170)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect
(OracleDriver.java:148)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at DemoDb.main(Compiled Code)

Cam DeBuck

Jan 9, 2001, 12:54:13 AM1/9/01

What platform are you running on?

The "oci8" that you are using is only available on the Solaris platform. If you are not on Solaris, change "oci8" to "thin".

Make sure you have the appropriate classes12.zip or classes111.zip in your CLASSPATH (depending if you are using JDK 1.2.x or 1.1.x respectively).

Lastly, what application server are you using? Apache/Tomcat, Oracle Application Server, etc? (although, I believe the above info should get it working).
--Cam--

>THE CODE:
> Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
> Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection
>("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@MES","mesdev1","mes1dev");
> Statement st = con.createStatement();
> ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM WIP");

Pedro Sousa

Jan 15, 2001, 10:34:08 AM1/15/01

That type of error generaly happens whem you miss to put the path to
the oracle bin directory in the PATH variable.

If the oracle is in the f:\, them just put:
path=f:\bin;...

Pedro Lino de Sousa
NovaBase DM-IT

sampath_raja wrote in message