'Protocol vialation' exception in Oracle JDBC driver.

1 view

Mike Freider

Jun 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/24/99
I have some stored procedure wich has 3 'in' and 2 'out' parameters (long
and number(38)).
At some point I got strange exception:

exception caught: java.sql.SQLException: Protocol violation
java.sql.SQLException: Protocol violation
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:378)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:637)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1206)
at
oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch(TTC7Protocol.java:649)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java:761)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithBatch(OracleStatement.java:8
03)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecute(OracleStatement.java:1145)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java
:1178)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.j
ava:108)
at
ocuweb.server.OcuDBConnection.callStoredProc(OcuDBConnection.java:254)

The intersting feature is, what with other (in) arguments
and if I'm calling it from SqlPlus-monitor it returns exactly
what it should but NOT in java program.

If somebody know something about it, please help.

Mike Freider mfre...@telcordia.com

P.S. Oracle on HP, client on WinNT.