sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver on HP-UX

dgen...@hotmail.com

May 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/1/98

Ok.

I'm trying to access an Informix database on HP-UX using the Intersolv ODBC
drivers and the Sun jdbc-odbc bridge. I'm using the latest JDK from HP, and I
keep getting the following error:

Error shl_load failed for:
/opt/java/bin/../lib/PA_RISC/native_threads/libJdbcOdbc.sl, [errno 2: No such
file or directory]
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Call to mmap() failed - TEXT
/opt/java/bin/../lib/PA_RISC/native_threads/libJdbcOdbc.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Not enough space
Exception java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver Code 0
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:111)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:149)
at insert.main(Compiled Code)

when I call driverManager.getConnection. This happens on both a J210 running
HP-UX 10.20(? might be 10.10) and a K570 running 11.0. I'm prety sure that
i'm not actualy running out of space, as vmstat on the K shows 425,000 pages
free (2gb of physical memory).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Doug Gentges