Connection reset by peer ???

1 view

Michael S. Davidson

Nov 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/14/00
Thanks in advance for your help.....

I am getting the error "Connection reset by peer" when I execute an applet
that tries to make a network connection across the internet to my AS400.
My goal is to be able to allow our customers the ability to load the applet
on their own servers but be able to connect to our AS400 with it, via IP
address. This would be a connection similar to using Telnet but the applet
would be doing the connecting and signing on.

I am using Java Plug-in version 1.1.6. VisualAge for Java 3.02.

I have (at least I think I have), successfully signed the jar file using
javakey. I have placed a copy of the 'identitydb.obj' database file with my
signature in it in my local C:\windows directory.

We have an internal IP address and and external address to the AS400. When
the internal IP address is used, the applet works when I try to access it
from my external web site using our network connection to the internet. The
applet downloads to my local PC and then successfully connects to the AS400.
When I use a dial-up account with the external IP address, I get the
following errors.

In Internet Explorer, I added my web site as a trusted site. I believe I am
fairly close to getting this work but still missing something.

Thanks...

Michael S. Davidson

---- Java console messages -----

Java(TM) Plug-inUsing JRE version 1.1.6
User home directory = C:\WINDOWSProxy Configuration: no proxy
JAR cache disabled.
Opening http://www.mydomain.com/dev/java/frontier/frontier.jar.sig no proxy
Opening http://www.mydomain.com/dev/java/frontier/jt400.jar no proxy

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Compiled Code)
at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(Compiled Code)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Compiled Code)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Compiled Code)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Compiled Code)
at java.io.PushbackInputStream.read(Compiled Code)
at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.fill(Compiled Code)
at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Compiled Code)
at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(Compiled Code)
at sun.tools.jar.JarVerifierStream.read(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletResourceLoader.loadJar(Compiled Code)
at
sun.applet.AppletResourceLoader.loadJar(AppletResourceLoader.java:142)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.loadJarFiles(Compiled Code)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.loadJarFiles(Compiled Code)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:394)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:474)

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Compiled Code)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.skip(Compiled Code)
at sun.net.www.MeteredStream.skip(MeteredStream.java:92)
at sun.net.www.http.KeepAliveStream.close(KeepAliveStream.java:72)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.close(FilterInputStream.java:185)
at java.io.FilterInputStream.close(FilterInputStream.java:185)
at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.close(ZipInputStream.java:160)