$100 reward for the answer to this one!

Rob Cole

Apr 3, 2001, 4:50:10 AM4/3/01
I am running the usual "hello world" example. Why am I getting this
exception? Something is obviously not set up right! But what???

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Only instances of org.omg.CORBA.Object
can be bound
at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.callBindOrRebind(CNCtx.java:434)
at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.rebind(CNCtx.java:521)
at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.rebind(CNCtx.java:538)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.rebind(InitialContext.java:385)
at examples.hello.HelloImpl.main(HelloImpl.java:59)
at symantec.tools.debug.Agent.runMain(Native Method)
at symantec.tools.debug.MainThread.run(Agent.java:48)

Help!

John Chen

Apr 5, 2001, 1:48:58 AM4/5/01
You must first activate the object and use POA.servant_to_reference() to
convert the object before you call rebind().

BTW, how can I get your $100?

"Rob Cole" <rob...@writeme.com> wrote in message