OpenORB Naming Service Initialization Problem

Tito

Dec 15, 2002, 7:59:51 AM12/15/02
I'm trying to run the OpenORB Transient Naming Service on my Windows ME with
JDK 1.4.1_01. However, I get the following exception. Any ideas?

>java org.openorb.tns.Server -default

org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor code: 201 completed: No
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ConnectionTable.getConnection(Connecti
onTable.java:148)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ConnectionTable.getConnection(Connecti
onTable.java:65)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.GIOPImpl.getConnection(GIOPImpl.java:6
7)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDe
legate.java:644)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDe
legate.java:586)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolve(InitialNa
mingClient.java:1105)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolveUsingBoots
trapProtocol(InitialNamingClient.java:788)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.cachedInitialRefe
rences(InitialNamingClient.java:1186)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolve_initial_r
eferences(InitialNamingClient.java:1079)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ORB.resolve_initial_references(ORB.ja
va:2436)
at org.openorb.tns.MapNamingContext.bindCorbaloc(Unknown Source)
at org.openorb.tns.Server.main(Unknown Source)

Thanks,
Tito

Erik Post

Dec 15, 2002, 10:58:55 AM12/15/02
In article <athubi$13np0o$1...@ID-123881.news.dfncis.de>, Tito says...

> I'm trying to run the OpenORB Transient Naming Service on my Windows ME with
> JDK 1.4.1_01. However, I get the following exception. Any ideas?

Did you set the org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass and
org.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass properties before running the naming
service? The stack trace indicates that the JDK ORB is being used,
instead of OpenORB.

I suggest consulting the OpenORB documentation for information on how to
set the two properties I mentioned, there are several ways to do it.

--
Erik Post
Replace 'invalid' by 'cc' when replying by email.

Tito

Dec 15, 2002, 6:12:35 PM12/15/02
> Did you set the org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass and
> org.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass properties before running the naming
> service? The stack trace indicates that the JDK ORB is being used,
> instead of OpenORB.

It has worked. I didn't know the Naming Service would use the ORB.

I'm a beginner in CORBA and completely new to OpenORB.

Thank you.
Tito