OrbixWeb3.0 idl_demo

Luciano Bertini

Feb 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/5/98
to ber...@lcmi.ufsc.br

I would like to make a question about the idl_demo of OrbixWeb3.0, the
demo that ilustrates a simple bank application. In this demo, the server
bank can have a lot of anothers objects account. The account object are
created by the client dinamically. Is it possible to specify another
hosts where the account objects would run? How can I make an application
where the Client creates dinamicaly objects in another hosts. I don't
know at compiling time, how many objects the Client will need, and when
one object is created, it may be created in any host, the Client must be
able to specify this.

Luciano Bertini.

Hai Vu

Feb 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/7/98

Sounds like you will need the Naming Service which is only available with
OrbixWeb Professional (you cannot download a trial version of this).

Good luck,

Hai Vu
v...@aecl.ca

Patrick Zeng

Feb 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/9/98

Hi there,

I have another problem in running this demo. I use Orbixweb3.0 trial
version, JDK1.1.4 and run in a NT4 machine. If I run Java application
version client using javaclient1.bat, everything looks fine. But when I run
its java applet version through OW demomanager using command: appletviewer
index.html, it seems after server has successfully created an account and
return its object ref to the client, the client cannot invoke its methods
due to NO_PERMISSION exception:e.g. when client try to execute
"currAccount.makeLodgement ((float)56.90)", it got NO_PERMISSION error.
This is strange, does that means in an applet I cannot use an object which
is returned by a method of another proxy object(here is "mybank") instead
of obtained through bind method like "mybank" object?

Any clue to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

Patrick

codes in Javaclient1.java:

try {
currAccount = mybank.newAccount ("chris");
display.print("Account of Chris created ");
currAccount.makeLodgement ((float)56.90);
display.print("makeLodgement finished ");
System.out.print("Balance of first account is ");
display.print(""+currAccount.balance());
mybank.deleteAccount (currAccount);
}
----
I got following message in the applet message box:

Attempting to bind to :bank on localhost
Account of Chris created
Unexpected system exception 1
org.omg.CORBA.NO_PERMISSION: zeng-p-c1
--------------------
In the meantime, I got following message from DOS promt:

E:\Iona\ORBIXW~1.0\demos\idl_demo>appletviewer index.html
[OrbixWeb: to suppress that exception, use the applet ORB.init() method]
[OrbixWeb warning: failed to load the configuration file
"OrbixWeb.properties",
using defaults]
[OrbixWeb warning: not allowed to resolve IP address of zeng-p-c1]
[New IIOP Connection (localhost,IT_daemon, null,null,pid=0) ]
[New IIOP Connection (localhost,bank, null,null,pid=0) ]
Exception occurred during event dispatching:
sun.applet.AppletSecurityException: checkexit
at sun.applet.AppletSecurity.checkExit(AppletSecurity.java:230)
at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:83)
at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:488)
at idl_demo.javaclient1.runDemo(javaclient1.java:100)
at OrbixWebDemoManager.DemoManager.runDemo(DemoManager.java)
at
OrbixWebDemoManager.DemoManager.clickedStartbutton(DemoManager.java)
at OrbixWebDemoManager.DemoManager.handleEvent(DemoManager.java)
at java.awt.Component.postEvent(Component.java:1884)
at java.awt.Component.postEvent(Component.java:1894)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:1776)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:63)