JavaIDL tnameserv confused by JavaORB exception

Tim

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99
Hello,

I had been using JavaIDL but moved over to DOG JavaORB. But after
having some problems I tried to uninstall JavaORB. I wanted to recheck
that my JavaIDL implemenations still worked, but I now get Exceptions
when I start the tnameserv :

D:\Java\JCORBA>tnameserv -ORBInitialPort 1234

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't instantiate default ORB implementation
JavaORB.CORBA.ORBSingleton minor code: 0 completed: No
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(Unknown Source)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.CosNaming.TransientNameServer.main(Unknown Source)

I have removed all the JavaORB directories, and from my Autoexec.bat
Classpath. I had a loom around the MS Registry under Software keys
etc but could not find antthing left. But I still have an entry
JavaORB 2.0Beta in my Install/Remove list.

Can anyone suggest how I remidy this problem with the

Thanks

Tim

Thomas

Nov 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/29/99
Hi Tim,

when you call JDK's ORB.init() (or when tnameserv does...) the actual
ORB implementation is determined by environment/property parameters so
ORBs from different vendors can be plugged in. The following two
properties might be responsible for your exceptions:

org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass -- class name of an ORB implementation
org.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass -- class name of the ORB returned by
init()

> org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't instantiate default ORB implementation
> JavaORB.CORBA.ORBSingleton minor code: 0 completed: No
> at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(Unknown Source)
> at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
> at com.sun.CosNaming.TransientNameServer.main(Unknown Source)

Maybe you have a properties-file that still contains the JavaORB as
ORBSingleton class.

Thomas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.