orb.resolve_initial_references("NameService") crashes out...

bnc119

Oct 6, 2005, 10:38:51 AM10/6/05
Hi Everyone,

This is my first attempt at a Java/CORBA application and I am trying to
implement Sun's Corba Tutorial found here:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/idl/GShome.html

I'm running the following Java Runtime Env. on my XP machine:

java version "1.5.0_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_04-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_04-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

I have copied the Server and Client code from the Sun website above,
and I've fired off the Transient NameService tnamserv.exe.

When I fire off the Server, I get the following exceptions raised on
the

<<
org.omg.CORBA.Object objRef =
orb.resolve_initial_references("NameService"); >> call:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: HelloServer
(wrong na
me: HelloApp/HelloServer)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)

I have no clue whats wrong here, I believe I've followed the Sun
Tutorial correctly. I even lifted the code straight out of the
tutorial...Can anyone help?

Thanks!