Question about VisiBroker

Ryuji Yokoyama

Mar 31, 2002, 12:57:13 AM3/31/02
Hello all!

I am new to CORBA. I just downloaded and installed VisiBroker 4.5.1. I
was able to run regular sample applications, but I wan unable to run
applet sample program. What I did was following.

First, I started osagent and gatekeeper.
Next, I ran vmake.bat and started server.
Then I saw a message "Bank Server is ready", so I think up to this point
I was doing fine.

After that, I opened ClientApplet.html, but I got following error
message.

org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't instantiate default ORB implementation
com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB minor code: 0 completed: No
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(Unknown Source)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(Unknown Source)
at ClientApplet.init(ClientApplet.java:22)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Could anybody tell me what wrong is? And how to solve the problem.
Also, if there is a good tutorial website of CORBA for newbies, please
tell me the URL

Thanks in advance.