Need Help on Running CORBA Applets

Ihab Hedroj

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
I am geting the following error when I run my applet using the appletviewer:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't
instantiate default ORB implementation IE.Iona.OrbixWeb.CORBA.ORB minor
code: 0 completed: No
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:305)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.<clinit>(ORB.java:202)
at MainProject.AppletInterface.init(AppletInterface.java:56)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Anyone know why?

Thank you in advance
Ihab

begin 666 ATT00195.gif
<encoded_portion_removed>

Eric van Doorn

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99

Ihab Hedroj wrote in message <8293ha$1di4$1...@mercury.cc.uottawa.ca>...
Did you have the Orbix.jar included in your html and have you
put the jar in the classes path together with your applet classes
or jar.

Hope this helps

Eric

Ihab Hedroj

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
Below is my HTML code. I added all required zip files and params; however,
it is still not working:
<APPLET
CODEBASE = "myClasses"
CODE = "MainProject/AppletInterface.class"
NAME = "TestApplet"
ARCHIVE = "classes.zip, OrbixWeb_3.0.zip"
WIDTH = 400
HEIGHT = 300
HSPACE = 0
VSPACE = 0
ALIGN = middle

<param name=org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass
value=IE.Iona.OrbixWeb.CORBA.ORB>
<param name=org.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass
value=IE.Iona.OrbixWeb.CORBA.ORB>
</APPLET>

Thank you any way.
Thank you Eric.

Eric van Doorn

Dec 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/5/99

Ihab Hedroj wrote in message <82bf9h$10a4$1...@mercury.cc.uottawa.ca>...

>Below is my HTML code. I added all required zip files and params; however,
>it is still not working:
><APPLET
> CODEBASE = "myClasses"
> CODE = "MainProject/AppletInterface.class"
> NAME = "TestApplet"
> ARCHIVE = "classes.zip, OrbixWeb_3.0.zip"
I am not sure but does it work with *.zip files. Java archives are *.jar.

Good luck, Eric

Allan McKenzie

Dec 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/7/99
Hello,

Below is my HTML code. It works.

<Applet
code=Empires.MyApplet.class
codebase=file:///d|JBuilder3/myclasses/servlet
width=400 height=400>
<param name=org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass value=com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.ORB>
<param name=CLASSPATH value=file:///d|JBuilder3/myclasses/servlet/Ancient.jar>
</Applet>

But, I'm using Visi. I believe that multiple jar files can be included in the
CLASSPATH param, but I don't know if the separator is a ";" or a ",". Try
doing it this way and see if it works.

Allan