CORBA.COMM_FAILURE

Hans Stoessel

Mar 5, 2001, 3:23:57 AM3/5/01
Hi

In my Java client, I try to get a reference to the Naming Service. I do this
with the following code:

org.omg.CORBA.ORB orb
org.omg.CORBA.Object nameServiceObject;
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContext naming_context_object;

orb = org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(args, null);
nameServieObject = orb.resolve_initial_references ("NameService"));
naming_context_object =
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextHelper.narrow(nameServiceObject);
if (naming_context_object != null)
{
}

This produce the following error:
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: minor code: 1398079490 completed: No
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.IIOPConnection.writeLock(IIOPConnection.java:
919)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.IIOPConnection.send(IIOPConnection.java:980)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.IIOPOutputStream.invoke(IIOPOutputStream.java
:76)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ClientRequestImpl.invoke(ClientRequestImpl.ja
va:74)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.invoke(ClientDelegate.java:15
2)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolve(InitialNamingCli
ent.java:200)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.cachedInitialReferences(
InitialNamingClient.java:265)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolve_initial_referenc
es(InitialNamingClient.java:188)
at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ORB.resolve_initial_references(ORB.java:1393
)

What could be wrong?

I use JBuilder 4.0, Foundation with the JDK1.3 for the client and the TAO
Orb with C++ for the server.

Thanks

Hans

alex_martin

Mar 18, 2001, 12:25:08 PM3/18/01
I got the same error when trying to connect a SUN JDK1.3 Corba
Client to a VisiBroker or JacORB NameService. Feeding the correct
arguments (-ORBInitialHost remote-host -ORBInitialPort
remote-service-port) in the java command would eliminate the
error, but the JDK1.3 Client is hanging when trying to resolve
the initial references.

By the way, is there any option to specify the ORBInitRef for a
JDK1.3 Corba Client? Most of Corba providers implement this
option and this way I could interconnect VisiBroker, JacORB and
MICO. But not SUN's JDK1.3.