URGENT: JBuilder6 + VisiBroker 4.5.1 + JDK 1.4 = ARRRGGG!

Simon Berthiaume

Apr 9, 2002, 11:15:12 PM4/9/02
I can compile my client and server application without proble, but at run
time each of them throw the same exception (see below). The only way I found
to fix this was to remove org/omg from the JDK's rt.jar file. Only then
would my application run correctly. Does anyone know a "cleaner" way to get
around this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Simon B.

java.lang.VerifyError: class org.omg.PortableServer.AdapterActivatorPOA
overrides final method .
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:246)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:322)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:246)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:322)
at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB.adapterManager(ORB.java:1101)
at com.inprise.vbroker.ds.DSUser.<init>(DSUser.java:282)
at com.inprise.vbroker.ds.Init.init(Init.java:20)
at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB.installServices(ORB.java:922)
at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB.initialize(ORB.java:831)
at com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:950)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:346)
at PongGameServer.main(PongGameServer.java:17)
Exception in thread "main"

Erik Post

Apr 10, 2002, 3:49:41 AM4/10/02
"Simon Berthiaume" <zen_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I can compile my client and server application without proble, but at run
> time each of them throw the same exception (see below). The only way I
found
> to fix this was to remove org/omg from the JDK's rt.jar file. Only then
> would my application run correctly. Does anyone know a "cleaner" way to
get
> around this problem?

Using the -Xbootclasspath option to prepend the visibroker class files to
the bootclasspath might do the trick. The JDK docs for java.exe contain info
on how to use the -Xbootclasspath option.

HTH,
--
Erik Post
erikpost at eml dot cc

Simon Berthiaume

Apr 10, 2002, 12:22:18 PM4/10/02
Hi, thanks a lot for the help, now it works properly (at least this part).

Simon B.

"Erik Post" <erikpost_N...@eml.cc> wrote in message

Thorsten Roskowetz

Apr 13, 2002, 1:14:39 PM4/13/02

"Simon Berthiaume" <zen_...@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I can compile my client and server application without proble, but at run
> time each of them throw the same exception (see below). The only way I
found
> to fix this was to remove org/omg from the JDK's rt.jar file. Only then
> would my application run correctly. Does anyone know a "cleaner" way to
get
> around this problem?

Try setting the properties org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass and
org.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass to the respective Visibroker classes
otherwise the JDK's CORBA implementation is used.

org.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB
org.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORBSingleton

HTH,

Thorsten