Return class with Corba

Alain BARBET

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00

I hope somebody can help me. I work alone in this project and can't find
help.
I try to deploy a Corba application on Oracle to send and receive class
between client and server. The context is: Oracle 8.1.6/JDK
1.1.8/VisiBroker 3.4

I've make several test.
I succeed to initialise my class on the server (a 'set'), and can return
attribut as string or int (simple format). But when I want return the
whole class or pass a class as argument, (all is public, method +
attribut), I've always same error:(on the server)

When I want return a class :
VisiBroker for Java runtime caught exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at
serveurMSDR.sequence_of_serveurMSDR_RepresentationObjetHelper.write(sequence_of_serveurMSDR_RepresentationObjetHelper.java:34)
at serveurMSDR.ProfileHelper.write(ProfileHelper.java:37)

At this line, I can find this:
_output.write_estruct(value[_i2],
"serveurMSDR.RepresentationObjet");
All time this routine is called (write_estruct), I have an error ....
I've make test with three different class, always when write_estruct is
called, an exception is handled.
I see 'java.lang.NoSuchMethodError' but which method ? The method I call
from my Interface or write_estruct ? I verify so many times I'm sure the
method is defined, and class too.
Does somebody succeed to return a class with Corba in this context ?

When I want pass a class as argument, I've this : (on the client)
java.io.NotSerializableException: serveurMSDR.window
org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL[completed=MAYBE,
reason=java.io.NotSerializableException: serveurMSDR.window]
at
com.visigenic.vbroker.orb.CaffeineOutputStream.write_estruct(Compiled
Code)
at serveurMSDR._st_ClientInterface.getWindow(Compiled Code)
at package2.MyCORBAClient.main(Compiled Code)

I post on metalink.oracle.com a first time, but no answer.
Thanks a lot for giving me some clues,
--
Alain & Estelle BARBET
http://www.alianwebserver.com