how do you say this?

Sean McIlroy

Jul 15, 2010, 8:42:11 PM7/15/10
hi all

suppose L is a list of values of type IO Char, and let M be the value
of type IO String such that evaluating M does sequence_ L and returns
the list whose i-th element is the value returned by the i-th element
of L. how do i say "M" ? thanks if you can help.

peace
stm

Mark T. B. Carroll

Jul 15, 2010, 9:01:31 PM7/15/10
Sean McIlroy <namenob...@gmail.com> writes:

I'm afraid that I'm confused. Is "sequence L" not what you want?

Mark

Sean McIlroy

Jul 16, 2010, 12:25:36 AM7/16/10
On 15 juil, 18:01, "Mark T. B. Carroll" <m...@bcs.org> wrote:

yeah, it is. sorry. i got confused because i expected the interpreter
to echo back the "underlying" Char value. my bad.

peace
stm

Mark T. B. Carroll

Jul 16, 2010, 6:50:32 AM7/16/10
Sean McIlroy <namenob...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 15 juil, 18:01, "Mark T. B. Carroll" <m...@bcs.org> wrote:
>> Sean McIlroy <namenobodywa...@gmail.com> writes:
>> > suppose L is a list of values of type IO Char, and let M be the value
>> > of type IO String such that evaluating M does sequence_ L and returns
>> > the list whose i-th element is the value returned by the i-th element
>> > of L. how do i say "M" ? thanks if you can help.
>>
>> I'm afraid that I'm confused. Is "sequence L" not what you want?
>

> yeah, it is. sorry. i got confused because i expected the interpreter
> to echo back the "underlying" Char value. my bad.

No problem. (-: If any confusion lingers, feel free to ask more.

Mark