input conversion error

Fatemeh

Aug 13, 2008, 1:54:31 AM8/13/08
Dear all;

Would you please tell me the reason of the following error?
forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error, unit 68, file /home/
mirjani/Fortran/Mmn-inside/fort.68
Image PC Routine Line Source
wannier.exe 080B5CA7 Unknown Unknown Unknown
wannier.exe 080B52C7 Unknown Unknown Unknown
wannier.exe 08070C6A Unknown Unknown Unknown
wannier.exe 08050CB4 Unknown Unknown Unknown
wannier.exe 0805094F Unknown Unknown Unknown
wannier.exe 0805D3CD Unknown Unknown Unknown
wannier.exe 0805B647 Unknown Unknown Unknown
wannier.exe 0804D6AF Unknown Unknown Unknown
wannier.exe 08049F81 Unknown Unknown Unknown
libc.so.6 009FDDE6 Unknown Unknown Unknown
wannier.exe 08049EC1 Unknown Unknown Unknown

Thanks in advance,
Fatemeh

Richard Maine

Aug 13, 2008, 2:02:31 AM8/13/08
Fatemeh <fateme....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would you please tell me the reason of the following error?
> forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error, unit 68, file /home/
> mirjani/Fortran/Mmn-inside/fort.68

Well, you haven't given nearly enough data for a precise answer, but
"input conversion error" means roughly that there was input data that
was not suitable for the format being used. An example would be reading
with an integer format and encountering 1.234 as data. (That's not valid
as an integer input). It happened on unit 68. For more help than that,
you'll need to provide more data. The traceback doesn't provide any
useful data here (perhaps if the code were compiled with suitable debug
options, it might).

--
Richard Maine | Good judgement comes from experience;
domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain