Is there an easy way to define simple graphic in GForth or SP-Forth?

lehs

Dec 1, 2016, 6:03:22 PM12/1/16
The modern way to handle graphics seems very complicated for me. I never studied window programming. But could it be so difficult to define the three words:

graphics-on
graphics-off
set-pixel ( col -- )

I have spent ours reading code and text about it without getting anything.

Stephen Pelc

Dec 2, 2016, 6:44:09 AM12/2/16
Which O/S? If what you want to do is to perform simple graphics in a
window, see the GTK+ interface in all versions of VFX Forth.

Stephen

--
Stephen Pelc, steph...@mpeforth.com
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691

minf...@arcor.de

Dec 2, 2016, 7:31:06 AM12/2/16
You could pipe commands from Forth to gnuplot
http://www.gnuplot.info/

Ilya Tarasov

Dec 2, 2016, 7:36:20 AM12/2/16
> graphics-on
> graphics-off
> set-pixel ( col -- )
>
> I have spent ours reading code and text about it without getting anything.

I have predefined graphics (both 2D and 3D) in my Quark-Forth. No words like graphics-on required, you can just type

10 20 0xFF0000 PIXEL to see red pixel in position (10, 20)

OpenGL 3D scene is also prepared and runned over 2D screen. Some scripted (not built-in) 3D is here:
http://fforum.winglion.ru/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3033

Examples based only on built-in code:
http://fforum.winglion.ru/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2788

lehs

Dec 2, 2016, 1:52:53 PM12/2/16
I cant afford to spend hundreds of euros, especially since I wont be able to make money with such professional systems.

lehs

Dec 2, 2016, 1:56:37 PM12/2/16
Nice idea! I will soon be ready to leave windows for linux or something, but this program (simulation of movement of known people close at the time when the Swedish primeminister Olof Palme was killed) must be in windows.

lehs

Dec 2, 2016, 2:00:23 PM12/2/16
I finally found out how to do it in SP-Forth for Windows, but I would like to manage graphics also for Linux and Android. Under which OSdoes Quark-Forth run? Is it affordable?

Ilya Tarasov

Dec 2, 2016, 2:19:39 PM12/2/16

> I finally found out how to do it in SP-Forth for Windows, but I would like to manage graphics also for Linux and Android. Under which OSdoes Quark-Forth run? Is it affordable?

Right now it is Windows only. I have plans to implement the same using Qt, this solution will support Win/Linux. You can take a look on 8th system, it has multi-OS support.

Stephen Pelc

Dec 3, 2016, 3:14:27 AM12/3/16
Huh?

There are free (of charge) editions of the Windows and Linux versions.