Software: It is Expected to Work

Doug Hoffman

Feb 9, 2016, 10:02:21 AM2/9/16
A disturbing trend:
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-apple-users-really-hate-apple-software-20160208-column.html

I'm a long time *very* satisfied Apple product user. In recent years
however I've learned to wait 6-9 months before doing a major OS upgrade
(iMac, MacBookPro, iPhone, AppleTV). Apple needs to get its software act
together, soon.

Correctness (e.g., no or minimal crashes) trumps fancy features almost
every time.

-Doug

rickman

Feb 9, 2016, 10:22:11 AM2/9/16
Tell that to Microsoft.

--

Rick

Doug Hoffman

Feb 9, 2016, 10:37:51 AM2/9/16
I don't use MS products except when I have to such as at work. But there
we have a large IT department to solve our problems.

At home for me and my wife I *am* the IT department. Minimum hassle with
Apple products until perhaps the last 2-3 years.

-Doug

dunno

Feb 12, 2016, 8:41:46 AM2/12/16
I didn't follow the link. Does it have something to do with the Forth?

--
dunno

Coos Haak

Feb 12, 2016, 9:19:47 AM2/12/16
Op Fri, 12 Feb 2016 13:41:45 -0000 (UTC) schreef dunno:
A little bit: iMacs with PowerPC had Open Firmware.

groet Coos