Seeking 'Victor-FORTH' source-code screens from the disks that go with T. Huang's "And So FORTH" revised edition book

Buzz

Feb 6, 2016, 8:50:29 AM2/6/16
I recently discovered Timothy Huang's book "And So FORTH", Revised Edition 1983. From the description in Appendix D, there are a couple disks that go with the book and contain much educational material (learning examples) of source-code screens written in 'Victor-FORTH' (for the Victor 9000 machine), along with other programs. I realize that over 30 years has passed, but from a 'learning and educational perspective', most of that material is as valid today as it was back then. As an 'eager learner', I'd be grateful to have access to these FORTH source-code screens and other programs on the disks.

Hence, I'm wondering if anyone in this group might have the entire contents of those disks, which perhaps have been transferred to hard drive files or even 3-1/2" floppies, that they'd be willing to share? Please let me know....thanks for any assistance that can be given in my 'quest' here!!

Cordially,

Buzz

Buzz

Feb 8, 2016, 12:17:37 AM2/8/16
Just a clarification after having read my post. I don't know whether or not this may make a difference in my quest, but I'm NOT seeking to have the book's code available to me on a hard drive or even 3-1/2" floppies. I believe the book's accompanying disks were 5-1/4" floppies, and for the most part, unless someone has copied those disks to another, more accessible medium, those files probably would not have been 'propagated' over time to be more currently available, which is what prompted my comment. The actual files on the original disks could probably be 'zipped' and shared via email or some other convenient manner if they're still easily accessible. Apology for the unintentional ambiguity!

Buzz

dunno

Feb 8, 2016, 1:57:52 AM2/8/16
I would try to ask on sites dedicated to Victor computers. Seems that there
are several of them, and there is still some community, though not as big
as in case of Commodore or ZX Spectrum.

--
dunno