can forth do an in memory multi machien data base?

polymorph self

Jul 25, 2015, 1:59:26 AM7/25/15

Jason Damisch

Jul 25, 2015, 12:12:58 PM7/25/15
On Friday, July 24, 2015 at 10:59:26 PM UTC-7, polymorph self wrote:
> like hypertable.org?

Well, in theory yes. Anything that can be written in C
or Java can be written in Forth. It just takes a bunch
of guys and gals to do the hard work of putting it
together and making it function.

Gavino, you are invited to give it a shot!

Jason

Mark Wills

Jul 27, 2015, 3:46:35 AM7/27/15
On Saturday, 25 July 2015 06:59:26 UTC+1, polymorph self wrote:
> like hypertable.org?

That exact thing was done in the 80's on the Saudi airport project.
I'd give you the link to the paper, but you don't have the attention
span to read it. So I'll just leave it at that!

polymorph self

Jul 28, 2015, 1:47:42 AM7/28/15
ouch! cmon post the link, I will read it.

Mark Wills

Jul 28, 2015, 4:14:52 AM7/28/15

Jason Damisch

Jul 28, 2015, 1:36:39 PM7/28/15
On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 10:47:42 PM UTC-7, polymorph self wrote:

Hey Gavino!

What do you think about Thorium Fission Reactors?
How come there are not commercial reactors in
operation? I'd like to know myself.

Jason

polymorph self

Jul 30, 2015, 3:34:47 PM7/30/15
Thorium seems powerful clean atomic power, Lack of freedom only thing holding it back. Ask Yaron Brook.

rickman

Jul 30, 2015, 5:33:59 PM7/30/15
"Clean atomic power"..... is that anything like "clean coal"?

--

Rick

polymorph self

Jul 30, 2015, 7:26:57 PM7/30/15
sick

wow

forth rokz

polymorph self

Jul 30, 2015, 7:38:11 PM7/30/15
check youtube for thorium atomic power, its the answer to all energy needs, only held back by enviro wakkos

Jason Damisch

Jul 31, 2015, 2:13:17 PM7/31/15
On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 4:38:11 PM UTC-7, polymorph self wrote:

> check youtube for thorium atomic power, its the answer to all energy needs,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIDytUCRtTA

About 6:40
"they had to have something that was so slick,
that was so safe, that was so simple"

rickman

Jul 31, 2015, 3:42:00 PM7/31/15
I'm 14 minutes into the video and I still haven't seen an explanation of
it. My concerns are not just for the inherent safety of operating a
reactor without creating a disaster. The real problem with nuclear
power is the generation of waste products. Interesting also is that the
video is about a molten salt reactor, but not a thorium salt reactor...

"As only two liquid-core fluoride salt reactors have been built (the
ORNL ARE and MSRE) and neither have used thorium, it is hard to validate
the exact benefits.[4]As only two liquid-core fluoride salt reactors

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_Nuclear_Propulsion#Direct_Air_Cycle

--

Rick

polymorph self

Aug 5, 2015, 3:23:16 AM8/5/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLk46BZfEMs watch and learn

oil and wind and other bullshit are obsolete

separate seawater into ox n hyd using atomic and runfuel cells that output water

capitalism if unregulated woulda had this long ago

the reactor shuts itself down if problem, unliek dangerous high pressure ones now

india and china are making them, USA needs to de regulate and get this going

get hacks like obama and geither away from the wheel

Mark Wills

Aug 5, 2015, 3:53:38 AM8/5/15
Yep. Molten salt reators are inherently "safe" requiring no human
intervention to prevent a meltdown. I spent a while about a year
ago watching numerous videos and presentations about MSR and I must
admit that it did convince me to the point that I thought someone
should just go ahead and build one.

And that's exactly what China is doing right now.

US helping China to build MSR:
http://fortune.com/2015/02/02/doe-china-molten-salt-nuclear-reactor/

Chinese going for broke on thorium nuclear power:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ambroseevans-pritchard/100026863/china-going-for-broke-on-thorium-nuclear-power-and-good-luck-to-them/

Lots of coverage of this on the internet. Just do a google.

The Thorium genie is now well and truly out of the bottle.

rickman

Aug 5, 2015, 12:25:38 PM8/5/15
And what does China do with the nuclear waste? Perhaps we can send ours
to let them dispose of?

--

Rick

Rod Pemberton

Aug 5, 2015, 8:44:07 PM8/5/15
On Wed, 05 Aug 2015 12:25:30 -0400, rickman <gnu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/5/2015 3:53 AM, Mark Wills wrote:

>>> [link]
>>>
>>> oil and wind and other bullshit are obsolete
>>>
>>> separate seawater into ox n hyd using atomic and runfuel cells that output water
>>>
>>> capitalism if unregulated woulda had this long ago
>>>
>>> the reactor shuts itself down if problem, unliek dangerous high pressure ones now
>>>
>>> india and china are making them, USA needs to de regulate and get this going
>>>
>>> get hacks like obama and geither away from the wheel
>>
>> Yep. Molten salt reators are inherently "safe" requiring no human
>> intervention to prevent a meltdown. I spent a while about a year
>> ago watching numerous videos and presentations about MSR and I must
>> admit that it did convince me to the point that I thought someone
>> should just go ahead and build one.
>>
>> And that's exactly what China is doing right now.
>>
>> US helping China to build MSR:
>> [link]
>>
>> Chinese going for broke on thorium nuclear power:
>> [link]
>>
>> Lots of coverage of this on the internet. Just do a google.
>>
>> The Thorium genie is now well and truly out of the bottle.
>
> And what does China do with the nuclear waste?
> Perhaps we can send ours to let them dispose of?

With all the food contamination and other scandals from China,
do you seriously have to ask?

E.g., pulled from the Internet, the Chinese supposedly have:

sold noodles made with pond water used to wash feet and clothes,
sold meat injected with brine from bacteria infested pond water,
sold fake condoms,
sold fake sanitary napkins which were poisonous,
sold fake cooking oil made from sewer waste,
sold drinking straws contaminated with soluble poisons,
sold meat from domestic cats as rabbit meat,
sold meat from rats, minks, foxes as lamb,
sold imported meat from the 1980's which had thawed and rotted,
sold rice contaminated with cadmium,
sold milk contaminated with melamine,
sold toothpaste contaminated with melamine,
sold dog food with an unknown poison lethal to dogs,
sold fake chocolates contaminated with insects or moths,
sold numerous products contaminated with lead paint,
counterfeited anything and everything,
etc.

While some of that may be internet myths and lies, all of it
can't be. The list goes on and on and is too overwhelming.
So, using history as a guide, i.e., former Soviet republics
that sold radioactive furniture, and the fact that there is
no rule of law in China, they'll likely mix it with something
and sell it ... to you and others. They'll give it to their
uneducated and unprotected citizens, in a recycling city,
perhaps Guiyu, who'll likely mix it with scrap metal, recycle
the metal, make furniture or children's swing sets out of
the metal, and then sell the radioactive product. They seem
to like selling radioactive products to France ... according
to the internet.

Don't forget, there have been numerous metal products found
to contain Cobalt-60, which is only made in nuclear reactors,
i.e., most likely waste sourced from Russia ...

Rod Pemberton

--
Scientists now say we'll experience a mini-ice in 2030.
So, I guess we need more global warming today ...

rickman

Aug 5, 2015, 9:28:19 PM8/5/15
Wow! I thought our resident madman was someone else...

--

Rick

Mark Wills

Aug 6, 2015, 3:39:00 AM8/6/15
You can't "dispose" of radio-active waste. You can only move
it to somewhere where it (hopefully) won't do any ^M^M^M
much harm. :-)

What I haven't garnered from the various videos on MLSR (perhaps
I missed it) is what the expected half-life of the waste material
is.

Rod Pemberton

Aug 7, 2015, 12:10:50 AM8/7/15
Said the guy who wants China to take our nuclear waste ...
Everyone knows it's the Italians who take hazardous waste
and bury it illegally for profit, i.e., the triangle of death.

For those of you who don't know what I was talking
about in my prior post of this one, here are links to
Wikipedia pages on the issues:

Triangolo della morte (Italian triangle of death)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle_of_death_(Italy)

Food safety incidents in China (36 major incidents)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_safety_incidents_in_China

Chinese milk scandal 2008
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal

Illegal cooking oil made from sewer waste
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutter_oil

Radioactive scrap metal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioactive_scrap_metal

Cobalt-60 (scrap metal contamination under "Safety")
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt-60

Guiyu, Guandong (e-waste city)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guiyu_%28town%29

Ferrero Rocher wins legal battle against
counterfeit chocolatier from China 2010
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-557869/Chocolate-giant-Ferrero-wins-year-battle-Chinese-counterfeiters.html

And, of course, Youtube has numerous videos of "Ferrero
Rocher" chocolates, which are actually counterfeit Chinese
chocolates, infested with maggots, insects, and worms ...

polymorph self

Aug 7, 2015, 1:09:47 AM8/7/15
I can only imagine how much better life would be without insane enviro commies and democrat wakkos stopping thorium atomic power and stopping the end to unions and welfare school, paying people to do nothing is bad, but paying them to program kids for entitlement wow so evil.

djc

Aug 7, 2015, 11:59:47 AM8/7/15
Am Mittwoch, 5. August 2015 09:53:38 UTC+2 schrieb Mark Wills:
> On Wednesday, 5 August 2015 08:23:16 UTC+1, polymorph self wrote:

> Yep. Molten salt reators are inherently "safe" requiring no human
> intervention to prevent a meltdown. I spent a while about a year
> ago watching numerous videos and presentations about MSR and I must
> admit that it did convince me to the point that I thought someone
> should just go ahead and build one.

Natrium cooled reactors may not meltdown, but the molten Natrium will become radioactive and molten Natrium is said to burn when in contact with water/humidity.

And if the state changes from molten to solid, the whole plant is just an useless mess of plumbing. Safer than a burning fire, but not able to cool the core any more.

Daniel

rickman

Aug 7, 2015, 1:08:32 PM8/7/15
Clearly we have found a hot button...

--

Rick

rickman

Aug 7, 2015, 1:12:33 PM8/7/15
...<snip>...

>>> Yep. Molten salt reators are inherently "safe" requiring no human
>>> intervention to prevent a meltdown. I spent a while about a year
>>> ago watching numerous videos and presentations about MSR and I must
>>> admit that it did convince me to the point that I thought someone
>>> should just go ahead and build one.
>>>
>>> And that's exactly what China is doing right now.
>>>
>>> US helping China to build MSR:
>>> http://fortune.com/2015/02/02/doe-china-molten-salt-nuclear-reactor/
>>>
>>> Chinese going for broke on thorium nuclear power:
>>> http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ambroseevans-pritchard/100026863/china-going-for-broke-on-thorium-nuclear-power-and-good-luck-to-them/
>>>
>>> Lots of coverage of this on the internet. Just do a google.
>>>
>>> The Thorium genie is now well and truly out of the bottle.
>>
>> And what does China do with the nuclear waste? Perhaps we can send ours
>> to let them dispose of?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Rick
>
> You can't "dispose" of radio-active waste. You can only move
> it to somewhere where it (hopefully) won't do any ^M^M^M
> much harm. :-)
>
> What I haven't garnered from the various videos on MLSR (perhaps
> I missed it) is what the expected half-life of the waste material
> is.

I learned a lot from the video and would be happy discussing it, but
this is not the right group. I am crossposting to s.e.d and once
replies show up there will only reply to that group. This thread is not
any more on topic there, but in that group anything goes. lol

--

Rick

Mark Wills

Aug 7, 2015, 7:40:57 PM8/7/15
S.E.D ?

Rod Pemberton

Aug 8, 2015, 1:54:38 PM8/8/15
> Clearly we have found a hot button...

What? So, none of those are significant or
relevant enough for you?

How about global warming? (cue the music)

The greens, earthers, liberals killed the nuclear
industry in the United States in the 1970's. The
U.S. then built thousands of coal burning power
plants afterwards. The U.S. burned the fossil fuel
for over four decades contributing to green house
gases which cause global warming. The greens,
typified by high profile celebrities and politicians,
like Jane Fonda and Al Gore, now want to control the
problem which they created by "doing good." Not
only that, but they now want to profit from their
mess by creating emissions controls and carbon
regulations which can be bought and sold for
profits. What a bunch of hypocrites.

polymorph self

Aug 21, 2015, 1:52:57 AM8/21/15
Preach on brother Ron!!
You are on the money!

Rod Pemberton

Aug 21, 2015, 6:55:52 AM8/21/15
>> [sig]
>> Scientists now say we'll experience a mini-ice in 2030.
>> So, I guess we need more global warming today ...
>
> Preach on brother Ron!!
> You are on the money!

Was that in regards to the global warming paragraph
or the global warming .sig? Both together? Yes,
together, they're brilliant.

Ron? Well now, I guess it's time for "the Usenet
dyslexia summary" or perhaps "the Usenet reading
comprehension failure stats" according to me:

RoX - 0% of the time where 'X' is a typo
Ron - only one time so far, AFAIR...
Rob - dyslexic? 25% to 33% of the time
Rod - correct. majority of the time
XXX - zero Freudian slips so far ...

So, most people _can_ read, just not all of them ...
But, many just can't seem to get three letters correct.
:-{

It's interesting, to me, that the dyslexic "Rob" comes
up far more frequently in groups where there are more
computer programmers. I'm left with no choice but to
wonder how dyslexia affects a dyslexic's code. Is that
why Forth programmers don't like C? I.e., they can't
distinquish symbolic "+=" from "=+" or maybe it's ">>"
from "<<" ? If your head hurts after reading that
sentence, you might be a dyslexic ... (That last
line should be read to the lyrical rhythm of a typical
Jeff Foxworthy punchline. You've been "Foxworthied.")
:-D

In your case, I'm not sure how to explain away
the "Ron" instead of the usual dyslexic "Rob" or
the correct "Rod" except for carelessness ... The
letter 'n' is on the opposite side of the keyboard
from both 'b' and 'd'. You could only type 'n' if
you were both visually and physically dyslexic.
:-P

rickman

Aug 21, 2015, 9:18:02 AM8/21/15
On 8/7/2015 7:40 PM, Mark Wills wrote:
> S.E.D ?

The group I crossposted to that you removed... look at my previous
message.

--

Rick

rickman

Aug 21, 2015, 9:25:42 AM8/21/15
On 8/8/2015 1:54 PM, Rod Pemberton wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 13:08:32 -0400, rickman <gnu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/7/2015 12:10 AM, Rod Pemberton wrote:
...<much ranting snipped>...
>>> And, of course, Youtube has numerous videos of "Ferrero
>>> Rocher" chocolates, which are actually counterfeit Chinese
>>> chocolates, infested with maggots, insects, and worms ...
>>>

>> Clearly we have found a hot button...
>>

> What? So, none of those are significant or
> relevant enough for you?
>
> How about global warming? (cue the music)
>
> The greens, earthers, liberals killed the nuclear
> industry in the United States in the 1970's. The
> U.S. then built thousands of coal burning power
> plants afterwards. The U.S. burned the fossil fuel
> for over four decades contributing to green house
> gases which cause global warming. The greens,
> typified by high profile celebrities and politicians,
> like Jane Fonda and Al Gore, now want to control the
> problem which they created by "doing good." Not
> only that, but they now want to profit from their
> mess by creating emissions controls and carbon
> regulations which can be bought and sold for
> profits. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Yes, the game is afoot. Nevermind that the on-topic police are posting
extremely off topic here.

Your Doctor Helen Popova is quoted as saying, "the Sun with the new
minimum gives humanity more time or a second chance to reduce their
industrial emissions and to prepare, when the Sun will return to normal
activity" recognizing that even if we are headed for a solar minimum
over a couple of decades, it is a temporary, external influence that
does nothing to dispute the existence of AGW.

Then there is your rant about the nuclear industry which is not based in
reality. Mostly however, it involves creating a strawman group "greens"
who you seem to think dominates US politics and economics. Not much
different from wearing foil hats to protect yourself from the mind rays
of aliens!

Of course, nowhere do you suggest a better alternative route. That
would completely expose your inability to grasp the subject.

--

Rick

Jason Damisch

Aug 21, 2015, 3:33:50 PM8/21/15

Can Forth Fusion Reactor McGyver That Crap Together Like Wire and Wet String?
Always!

But first you need to figure out how to build a viable fusion reactor.
Hint to Foolish Humans: It may be physically impossible in a low gravity environment like encountered on the surface of your puny little planet.