EuroForth 2016 -With it all done and People enjoyed it - What are the results in Standards and in the Fun to have been there?

JUERGEN

Sep 16, 2016, 2:05:03 PM9/16/16
A fun week in Germany it seems, but what were the targets for standardisation group and the achievements - and what was the fun part - where are the videos and presentation foils?

JUERGEN

Sep 19, 2016, 12:57:45 PM9/19/16
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 7:05:03 PM UTC+1, JUERGEN wrote:
> A fun week in Germany it seems, but what were the targets for standardisation group and the achievements - and what was the fun part - where are the videos and presentation foils?

I am surprised that even now, a week later - there is no information about when the presentations will be available or where they are.
Who is actually acting on this ,
or alternatively,
Is there a list of email addresses, so I can contact the presenters directly?

13:00 Lunch
14:00 Opening of the 32nd euroForth, organisation of workshops
and impromptu talks
14:25 Stephen Pelc: The Sockpuppet Forth to C interface
15:00 Anton Ertl: Sections
15:35 Anton Ertl: Recognizers
16:10 Coffee break
16:40 Ulrich Hoffmann: Implementing the Forth Inner Interpreter
in High Level Forth
17:15 Bill Stoddart: The Halting Problem in Forth
17:50 Andrew Read: An axiomatic approach to Forth
18:25 Wolf Wejgaard: Planet Holonforth
19:00 Dinner
20:00 Workshops

Saturday, 10.9.2016
8:00 Breakfast
9:30 Anton Ertl: Security
10:05 Bernd Paysan: Using net2o
10:40 Sergey Baranov: RNN in Forth (Neural Networks)
11:15 Coffee break
12:50 Klaus Schleisiek: synthesizing Forth - Forth in the satellite industry
12:25 Andrew Read: A synchronous approach to meeting hard real-time
requirements in Forth
13:00 Lunch
15:02 Boat leaves Konstanz Harbour for a trip to Friedrichshafen
15:54 Visit to the Zeppelin Museum
18:02 Boat leaves Friedrichshafen back to Konstanz
18:54 Arrival in Konstanz
20:00 Dinner at restaurant "die Bleiche" (Bleicherstr. 8, Konstanz)

Sunday, 11.9.2016
8:00 Breakfast
9:30 Nick Nelson: Tunnel vision
10:05 Gerald Wodni: f - A package manager for (the)Forth(.net)
10:40 Impromptu talks
11:15 Coffee break
11:50 Impromptu talks
12:25 Workshop reports

I am looking for the presentation data on

10:40 Sergey Baranov: RNN in Forth (Neural Networks)

16:40 Ulrich Hoffmann: Implementing the Forth Inner Interpreter
in High Level Forth

Howerd

Sep 19, 2016, 1:16:30 PM9/19/16
On Friday, 16 September 2016 20:05:03 UTC+2, JUERGEN wrote:
> A fun week in Germany it seems, but what were the targets for standardisation group and the achievements - and what was the fun part - where are the videos and presentation foils?

Hi Juergen,

I would like to see what happened too.

Sorry that I couldn't make it this year (again) - this time I was at a wedding in Austria.

A big "hello" to the subset of all those who took part, and also frequent clf :-)

Best regards,
Howerd :-)

JUERGEN

Sep 21, 2016, 5:00:19 AM9/21/16
Howerd, unfortunately I was not there either, otherwise I would have given some impression here as last year, but I have been told the proceedings are worked on - as this is a spare time project it takes time. A quick look just at the different ppts at a link somewhere though would be helpful for anybody to look at before the fully packaged version appears.

JUERGEN

Sep 22, 2016, 10:06:39 AM9/22/16
Now you find it all at <http://www.euroforth.org/ef16/papers/>

and BibTeX entries for these papers and slides are also available
<http://www.euroforth.org/ef16/papers/euroforth16.bib>.

see other thread

Bernd Paysan

Sep 24, 2016, 5:48:30 PM9/24/16
The videos are on my computer, shrinking to reasonable size
(1280x720@30fps instead of the raw FullHD@60fps), which makes a typical
presentation a bit more than 100MB, viewable even with relatively slow
internet.

I don't know why you are so impatient: I was on holiday for the last two
weeks. Fortunately, I didn't have the microphone set with me, because
that kind of post-processing is more work, and I tend to not have the
time for that.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o ID: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*

JUERGEN

Sep 25, 2016, 6:16:05 AM9/25/16
Thanks Bernd, and it was not complaining, but roughly knowing what comes out when. Forth is interactive - so I had assumed SOME INFO would have been posted immediately after the event. I started this only as nothing was really known.
I have no problem waiting if I know what for - it is all spare time work as we know, so take your time and thanks for the update.

Bernd Paysan

Sep 26, 2016, 3:09:16 PM9/26/16
Am Sun, 25 Sep 2016 03:16:02 -0700 schrieb JUERGEN:

> Thanks Bernd, and it was not complaining, but roughly knowing what comes
> out when. Forth is interactive - so I had assumed SOME INFO would have
> been posted immediately after the event. I started this only as nothing
> was really known.

Yes, but the holiday also prevented me from posting here ;-).

> I have no problem waiting if I know what for - it is all spare time work
> as we know, so take your time and thanks for the update.

For all who missed the other posting: the videos are up now, here:

https://wiki.forth-ev.de/doku.php/events:euroforth-2016