clusterFORTH by Greg Bailey, Dean Sanderson and Elizabeth D. Rather

mfany...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2015, 7:54:36 AM7/11/15
Does anyone have this document?

clusterFORTH, A High-Level Network Protocol, by Greg Bailey, Dean
Sanderson and Elizabeth D. Rather

Many thanks for your assist :)

Paul Rubin

Jul 15, 2015, 11:35:01 PM7/15/15
mfany...@gmail.com writes:
> clusterFORTH, A High-Level Network Protocol, by Greg Bailey, Dean
> Sanderson and Elizabeth D. Rather

This came up a while back and someone claimed that it actually referred
to Elizabeth's JFAR paper about the Saudi airport.

Elizabeth D. Rather

Jul 16, 2015, 12:47:34 AM7/16/15
Yes, it went into more detail about the actual network protocol, whereas
the other paper was an overview. I have looked, but I haven't been able
to find a copy that isn't at a "cob-web" site.

I'm not sure it's really relevant nowadays, though, because anyone would
use TCP-IP.

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth D. Rather (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH
FORTH Inc. +1 310.999.6784
5959 West Century Blvd. Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90045
http://www.forth.com

applications since 1973."

mfany...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2015, 2:01:51 AM7/16/15
So if you don't mind my asking , which paper is more complete? The JFAR reference or the original?

Mark Wills

Jul 16, 2015, 4:08:09 AM7/16/15
I'd really like to see this paper. From what I had understood
from the Saudi paper (IIRC) the clusterForth protocol was more
powerful, and more forthy than TCP/IP because it integrated
nodes at the Forth level. I could be thinking of something else,
but that's what I think was going on.

It would be lovely to find it. A lot of the JFAR papers are
online at MPE:

http://soton.mpeforth.com/flag/jfar/

The papers were made available by Forth, Inc. However, reading
the abstract summaries, it seems not all the papers are present.

Mark Wills

Jul 16, 2015, 4:52:25 AM7/16/15
The JFAR papers are also available on Forth, Incs website:

http://www.forth.com/archive/jfar/index.html

Elizabeth's paper about the Saudi Airport project is there.
http://www.forth.com/archive/jfar/vol3/no2/article4.pdf

It contains some useful insight into the clusterFORTH protocol.