Call for Participation: Forth Day 2015

svf...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2015, 8:53:29 PM8/23/15
The svforth@... email address is NOT monitored. To participate, send email to forther_at_comcast_dot_net

This year, Forth Day is on November 17, 2015
By long tradition, the 3rd Saturday of November.

CALL FOR PAPERS - please send us a title, one-paragraph abstract, and estimate of time duration SOON.

You're more than welcome to attend even if you are not presenting.

Forth Day is brought to you by the Silicon Valley Forth Interest Group.

The Speakers' Schedule will be posted when it takes shape, here: <<<http://home.comcast.net/~forther/SVFIG/>>>

Come join the fun. If you can't be there in person, we'll be streaming the meeting live on YouTube. More information on the Speakers' Schedule page.

Check the SVFIG website for more information: <<<http://www.forth.org/svfig/>>>
Other Forth Day information will be posted there in due course. The agenda, source files, PowerPoint, video and still pictures from last year and other past years are there now.

SVFIG maintains a meeting announcement email list and a discussion emailing list. You are welcome to subscribe to either or both even if you are not in the Bay Area.

Forth Day will be held on the campus of Stanford University. The location of Forth Day at Stanford should not be considered as an endorsement of Forth by the University.

Thanks,
Kevin Appert
email: forther_at_comcast_dot_net
SVFIG Program Chairman
(please do not reply to svforth@... posting address)

Bob Armstrong

Aug 24, 2015, 7:05:56 PM8/24/15
On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 6:53:29 PM UTC-6, svf...@gmail.com wrote:
> This year, Forth Day is on November 17, 2015
> By long tradition, the 3rd Saturday of November.

Hmm , the 17th is a Tuesday .

kevin....@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2015, 10:45:32 PM8/24/15
Archive.org served me the prenext page from 2012 and I didn't notice. Forth Day is on November 21, 2015

svf...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2015, 10:36:28 PM10/29/15
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the agenda page has been moved:
https://svfig.github.io/

Just to review, Forth Day is on Saturday, November 21, 2015

svf...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2015, 9:47:27 PM11/1/15
Coming on Forth Day ...

Programming Challenge --- C.H. Ting
You can build your own breadboard and work on it in advance or there will be a limited number of Arduinos at Forth Day.

Raimond Dragomir

Nov 2, 2015, 1:33:10 AM11/2/15
I don't understand why you can program in other languages... It's a Forth Day, isn't it?
What's the point?

Elizabeth D. Rather

Nov 2, 2015, 1:47:23 AM11/2/15
Because then folks can compare the time required to develop the code in
the other languages, run time, code size, etc. maybe. These are often
revealing comparisons, if the basic Forth kernel is competently written.

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth D. Rather (US & Canada) 800-55-FORTH
FORTH Inc. +1 310.999.6784
5959 West Century Blvd. Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90045
http://www.forth.com

applications since 1973."

Matthias Koch

Nov 3, 2015, 6:28:04 AM11/3/15

> Coming on Forth Day ...
> Programming Challenge --- C.H. Ting

With this setup it is also possible to see which pixel is shined
on with a small torch ! Could be great for a "graphical user interface".

At least it works with a MSP430 chip...

Matthias