free access to mainframe with tso and cics

cieron

Jul 18, 2008, 5:43:47 AM7/18/08

I'm looking for free mainframe access (with TSO and CICS) to training
purpose. I want to learn online COBOL programming under CICS
environment. Do You know any free hosts?

I already found mainframe access with posibility of batch programming in
JCL and COBOL (fandezhi server).

cieron

pavi...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2012, 2:29:27 AM7/4/12
1.Create a log_in id to log on to mainframes:

All you need to do is go to the Dezhi Mainframes Internet-Website, at http://zos.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser and register yourself for a new TSO User-ID and Password.

2. Access using browser :

Now-a-days, installing a separate 3270 Terminal-Emulator is not required. In fact, today it is possible to access Mainframes using a Web-Browser Application like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. To get started, you can go to Open BPM Project(on Hosted Hercules) at http://mvs.open-bpm.org/web3270.fcgi

3. You can also download and install an emulator for the same purpose :

http://www.winsite.com/Internet/Utilities/Z-Scope-Terminal-Emulator/

a.download / & install
b.configure : mainframes by giving telnet/mainframes/host_name which will be provided by 1st step.
c.click on terminal/host_name/connect on left side.

NEVER FORGET TO E_MAIL : PAVI...@GMAIL.COM
I GOT THE SAME INFORMATION FROM :

http://www.mainframes360.com/2011/01/how-do-i-learn-mainframe-programming.html

avisek...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2012, 6:33:01 AM8/30/12
Hi Pavi,

Other than Dezhi Mainframes is there any other mainframe access which is a free host for TSO & CICS for training purpose.

becoz Dezhi Mainframes is not working now a days.

Thanks,
Avisek.

Kerry Liles

Aug 30, 2012, 9:17:21 AM8/30/12
This may do what it claims - I had bookmarked it, but did not personally
try it out:

http://zos.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser

Robert Doerfler

Aug 30, 2012, 11:33:45 AM8/30/12
Fandezhi worked fine the last days except db2.

dipten...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2015, 2:42:49 AM9/6/15
I HAVE DOWNLOADED TN3270 AND ALSO HAVE TSO ID BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER ,IP IS- 152.22.11.2

PLEASE HELP.

docd...@panix.com

Sep 6, 2015, 11:10:03 AM9/6/15

[posted and emailed]

In article <77d48383-e5b8-4cb1...@googlegroups.com>,
Please do your own job/homework. Did you know that compilers recently
were made to process mixed-case source?

DD

Pete Dashwood

Sep 7, 2015, 7:30:03 PM9/7/15

Pete Dashwood

Sep 7, 2015, 7:33:08 PM9/7/15
This IP address is not responding. (Ping times out with no response)

Contact the people where you got the original idea (web page offering the
service?).

It is very likely that the address is changed regularly.

Pete.

Pete Dashwood

Sep 7, 2015, 7:34:55 PM9/7/15
Pete Dashwood wrote:
> docd...@panix.com wrote:
>> [posted and emailed]
>>
>> In article <77d48383-e5b8-4cb1...@googlegroups.com>,
>> <dipten...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I HAVE DOWNLOADED TN3270 AND ALSO HAVE TSO ID BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO
>>> CONNECT TO THE SERVER ,IP IS- 152.22.11.2
>>>
>>> PLEASE HELP.
>>
>> Please do your own job/homework. Did you know that compilers
>> recently were made to process mixed-case source?
>>
>> DD

Oops! sorry, finger trouble... no response was intended.

Pete.

Joe

Sep 18, 2015, 4:37:32 PM9/18/15
Don't use the IP address....

ammyr...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2016, 3:04:19 PM7/19/16
but how u get mainframe id.i am student .i want 2 try problems of jcl,cobol in my home
i download hercules & personal configuration but i didnt get success

docd...@panix.com

Jul 20, 2016, 7:33:21 AM7/20/16
In article <8545104a-887b-41c6...@googlegroups.com>,
<ammyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>but how u get mainframe id

The mostcommon ways are to get a job where one is issued to you or paying
for access as part of tuition.

DD

Vince Coen

Jul 20, 2016, 3:53:35 PM7/20/16
Hello ammyraj1993!
Search for the latest tk4 on the internet as it includes hercules and once
extracted will work as is using one of the default users.

READ the documentation - readme notes.

If you are having a problem finding it I have the current version tk4
(update7) here that you can grab from here :

http://www.applewood.dtdns.net/files/tk4-_v1.00_current.zip

Also for extra docs get the lot here :

http://www.applewood.dtdns.net/files/MVS3.8J/MVS-Notes.zip

Also in that directory is other archived versions i.e., rar and tar.

E.g.,

http://www.applewood.dtdns.net/files/MVS3.8J/MVS-Notes.tar.gz
http://www.applewood.dtdns.net/files/MVS3.8J/MVS-Notes.rar

Vince