"run-time error R6003 - integer divide by zero" error.

Walter Blady

Mar 21, 2003, 4:02:41 PM3/21/03
I have a Clipper program I wrote some time ago that was compiled with Clipper5. The software ran fine on slower (33MZ) Windows machines but almost always produced a DOS "run-time error R6003 - integer divide by zero" error on the faster ones. Once in a while my program does boot.

The error must be some Clipper initialization routine that is having problems with faster machines. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a fix?

I really need this software for my accounting and I need it to run on my faster PC. If you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate hearing about from you. Thanks.

My e-mail is wal...@wblady.com.

walt

Gary Stark

Mar 21, 2003, 5:01:08 PM3/21/03
Walt,

Walter Blady wrote:

I have a Clipper program I wrote some time ago that was compiled with Clipper5. The software ran fine on slower (33MZ) Windows machines but almost always produced a DOS "run-time error R6003 - integer divide by zero" error on the faster ones. Once in a while my program does boot.

The error must be some Clipper initialization routine that is having problems with faster machines.

Got it in one. There are a number of fixes for this, under the name of something like fix6003.obj IIRC.

Look on Google in the archives of the (more Clipper specific) comp.lang.clipper newsgroup for more details. There are plenty of postings on this subject, and if it takes you any longer than a minute or two to find the answer then you're not really trying.

--
g.
Gary Stark

Rainer Borchmann

Mar 21, 2003, 5:31:58 PM3/21/03
Hi
here you can find the fix: ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/clipper/tools3.zip
Bye
Rainer