CW2003 - Error while loading .app

Dariusz Wojtas

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

I have an app that doesn't Clarion cannot load - from yesterday.
It loads templates registry, then starts loading app and shows message:

Internal Error - tpsbt.cpp line 2172

What may it mean?
It started after minor dictionary change ...
I am using tps driver.

Dariusz Wojtas

Al Randall

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

You have a corrupted TPS file. You will need to find it (hard to do
since the error message doesn't give you a hint) and fix it using
TPSFIX.

HTH

Al

Advantage Software (BeNeLux Distributor)

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

Dariusz,

it sounds like either your .APP or your .DCT file is corrupt. Although
these file formats are based on the TopSpeed file format, they are not
exactly the same, so you (probably?) can't use TPSFIX.

1) make a copy of your .APP,.BPP,.DCT,.BCT to e.g.an other subdirectory, so
you can always return to the current state.
2) see if either the .BPP (backup of the .APP) or the .BCT (backup of the
DCT) solves the problem
3) if (2) does not work, restore the .APP and/or .DCT from your most recent
backup.

HTH

Arie Rens
Advantage Software B.V.

Dariusz Wojtas <dwo...@iarrisc.iar.wat.waw.pl> schreef in artikel
<Pine.A32.3.92.980601...@iarrisc.iar.wat.waw.pl>...

Mick_G

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

One other thing to look out for, see if there is a file with a ~appname.app
file in the directory. If my computer blows up somewhere along the way I end
up with a file like that and then my app will not load afterwards, deleting
it solves the problem many times.

Mick

Advantage Software (BeNeLux Distributor) wrote in message
<01bd8df1$e06397e0$0400...@clarion.knoware.nl>...

Arnor Baldvinsson

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

Hi Dariusz,

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998 19:14:27 +0100, Dariusz Wojtas
<dwo...@iarrisc.iar.wat.waw.pl> wrote:

>I have an app that doesn't Clarion cannot load - from yesterday.
>It loads templates registry, then starts loading app and shows message:
>
> Internal Error - tpsbt.cpp line 2172
>
>What may it mean?

It means that either the dct or the app file is corrupt. You will
most like be able to recover an earlier state, by using either the
.BPP or the .~AP files for the app or the .BCT or .~DC files for the
dictionary. BUT, for heaven sake, make a backup of ALL files before
you start doing ANYTHING more as these backup files could be
overwritten with corrupt data and then you have nothing if you don't
have a good backup...

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Greg Fasolt

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98
to Advantage Software (BeNeLux Distributor)

Another approach that may work (often gets me out of a jam); after a backup,
try exporting the dictionar and/or app to texrt files and then importing. It
may fix the problem or it may lock up but this will probably let you locate the
problem which you may be able to fix and then import again.

Good luck