HELP - ERROR: Invalid Record Declaration (47)

Wade Chestnut

Aug 9, 2010, 1:07:39 PM8/9/10

I'm new to Clarion (version 5) trying to make changes to an existing
system. I'm trying to add a field to a database, but when I run the app
to browse the file, I receive the error (Subject).

I'm opening the only Dictionary file that exists, clicking on the table
I want to modify then clicking on Field/Keys, add the new field, click
Close. Then I right-click on the table, choose Browse, I then get the
warning that the file layout doesn't match the physical file so I tell
it to modify the file, verify I can see the new field, then Save and
Exit the Dictionary file. But when I go to run the APP, I receive the
"Invalid Record Declaration (47)" error.

What's interesting is that if I delete the TPS file and run the APP, it
re-creates the TPS file with the original layout - minus the new field.
I don't understand where it's getting the file layout information.

I removed all other Dictionary files with the same name from other
folders (there were a number of older copies on the development
computer). I removed all INI files and disconnected the computer from
the network where the production files are stored. The whole
application consists of one EXE and a number of DLL files. I've re-
compiled the main EXE and the called APP/DLL where the Browse call is
stored but no go.

Somehow, the compiled code is getting the file layout from somewhere but
I can't seem to figure it out. I've even renamed the DCT file to an XXX
file temporarily and the system was still able to recreate the orignal
TSP file with the original field list.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Wade

David Troxell - Encourager Software

Aug 9, 2010, 6:17:48 PM8/9/10
On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 13:07:39 -0400, Wade Chestnut wrote:

> I'm new to Clarion (version 5) trying to make changes to an existing
> system. I'm trying to add a field to a database, but when I run the app
> to browse the file, I receive the error (Subject).

Lot more activity on the SoftVelocity news server - free to access - and
questions posed on USENET comp.lang.clarion are not relayed to the SV news
server.

PLUS, there is a newsgroup devoted to Clarion 7 - sv.clarion.clarion7 - and
it's VERY active!

SoftVelocity news server
news.softvelocity.com

I'd suggest you use a Newsgroup Client or Newsgroup and Email Client from
those listed at (unless you already have a favorite newsgroup client):

Newsgroup Email and FTP Profile Exchange

http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/NGEmailLinks.html

There are FREE and commercial clients available.

As to your particular problem - most have turned to Clarion Third Party
products to solve it, although you can create Clarion conversion programs -

There are two methods of converting a file - immediate conversion and
Generate Source.

Immediate conversion converts the file once.

This is what you've done apparently, and if you access the SoftVelocity
news server, more will be able to help you track down the problem,
particularly some that are still using C5.

Generate Source creates a source code file, allowing you to make any
desired modifications before compiling. Generating and compiling source
also creates an executable file that you can ship to end-users to convert
their data file.

Clarion Third Party

Product Description - Data Conversion (DC) templates, MFG - IngaSoftPlus
Internet Link - http://www.ingasoftplus.com/id138.htm

This product - approx - USD $62 - supports C5, ABC. Legacy

Another popular product is File Manager 3 by Capesoft, but they no longer
support C5.

David

--
From David Troxell - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com

klar...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2010, 4:33:46 PM8/10/10
You need to recompile global data dll

Leonid Chudakov
chud...@klarisoft.com

On Aug 9, 9:07 pm, Wade Chestnut <wchest...@appliedperformance.com>

Jadro

Aug 12, 2010, 9:30:31 AM8/12/10
On 9 kol, 19:07, Wade Chestnut <wchest...@appliedperformance.com>
wrote:

Have you try to CONVERT table in Dictionary??? This is option button
in DCT, last in line where you create the table.

sharat...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2018, 5:50:47 AM6/28/18
I am also getting the same error .could anyone please help

Paul Attryde

Jun 29, 2018, 7:04:39 PM6/29/18

The definition of the table in the file/database does not match the
definition of the file in the Clarion dictionary.

You either delete the table and start again, or you write something that
converts the table to the new definition.

hth,
Paul

sand...@yahoo.com

Jul 3, 2018, 10:25:25 AM7/3/18
Hi, Wade.

You can create convert file from Clarion DCT.
1. Create target table in DCT
2. Browse source table
3. Click on Convert File in File menu
Clarion will create convert.clw and convert.prj files
4. Open *.clw file
5. Set project (open *.prj)
6. Make exe file

Zoran.