Error during compilation :BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file

rock

Jan 28, 2003, 11:42:15 PM1/28/03
Error during compilation :BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file

I have a c console application.
One of the header files included in my application uses
afxinet.h.
I am getting the following error messages.

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\mfc\include\afx.h(15) :
fatal error C1189: #error : MFC requires C++ compilation (use a .cpp
suffix)
Error executing cl.exe.
Creating browse info file...
BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\Populate.sbr': No
such file or directory
Error executing bscmake.exe.

I do not want to change my application suffix to cpp.
can any one point me how to get about to compile without errors.
Thanks.

rjh

Jan 29, 2003, 12:46:13 AM1/29/03
rock wrote:

This is not a chat room. Please wait for a reply to your question, rather
than posting it again (not that this behaviour is appreciated in decent
chat rooms, mind you).

As I said in my earlier reply, to fix your include problem you just remove
the include, and then you handle the fall-out one diagnostic at a time. The
BSCMAKE problem is currently the least of your worries.

--
Richard Heathfield : bin...@eton.powernet.co.uk

Bruce G. Stewart

Jan 29, 2003, 1:33:13 AM1/29/03

afx and it's friends are header files for c++ programs. If your
program is really c++, there is possibly a compiler or project option
to force the compiler to treat it as such.

If it's c, you won't be able to use afx with it.

In either case, you should find a microsoft programming newsgroup and
ask what might your options are, because the question is about
features that are microsoft-specific.

LShaping

Feb 7, 2003, 12:09:23 AM2/7/03
rjh <bin...@eton.powernet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<b17pr5$2c6$3...@sparta.btinternet.com>...

> This is not a chat room. Please wait for a reply to your question, rather
> than posting it again (not that this behaviour is appreciated in decent
> chat rooms, mind you).

Since this is a comp.lang.* group, your rude behaviour is normal here.
On the rest of UseNet, we tend to ignore trivial, first time
annoyances like the one you are so upset about.

If you really think the original poster's action is unacceptable in
"decent" chat rooms, you are a pig-headed weirdo IMO.

Out.

rjh

Feb 7, 2003, 12:28:14 AM2/7/03
LShaping wrote:

> rjh <bin...@eton.powernet.co.uk> wrote in message
>

>> This is not a chat room. Please wait for a reply to your question, rather
>> than posting it again (not that this behaviour is appreciated in decent
>> chat rooms, mind you).
>

> Since this is a comp.lang.* group, your rude behaviour is normal here.

s/rude/corrective/

> On the rest of UseNet,

Not in the newsgroups I read...

> we tend to ignore trivial, first time
> annoyances

Ignoring rudeness doesn't excuse the rudeness, but it does encourage it.

> like the one you are so upset about.

What makes you think I'm upset? Good heavens, man! If I got upset over every
little violation of netiquette in comp.lang.c, I'd be a gibbering wreck by
now! [1]

> If you really think the original poster's action is unacceptable in
> "decent" chat rooms, you are a pig-headed weirdo IMO.

If you really think it's /not/ unacceptable in those fora, you probably
wouldn't last long in #c. :-) Of course, the discussion of customs and
mores in IRC is off-topic here, so if you really want to argue about it,
please do so in email or find a more suitable forum.

> Out.

[1] There is another theory that states this has already happened.

Mark McIntyre

Feb 7, 2003, 5:09:32 PM2/7/03
On 6 Feb 2003 21:09:23 -0800, in comp.lang.c , mseu...@yahoo.com
(LShaping) wrote:

>rjh <bin...@eton.powernet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<b17pr5$2c6$3...@sparta.btinternet.com>...
>

>> This is not a chat room. Please wait for a reply to your question, rather
>> than posting it again (not that this behaviour is appreciated in decent
>> chat rooms, mind you).
>

>Since this is a comp.lang.* group, your rude behaviour is normal here.

Rude behaviour ? where? I saw none from Richard.

>On the rest of UseNet, we tend to ignore trivial, first time
>annoyances like the one you are so upset about.

Then why did you bother to reply to RJH's post? if you tend to ignore
stuff like that?

>If you really think the original poster's action is unacceptable in
>"decent" chat rooms, you are a pig-headed weirdo IMO.

Takes one to know one.

--
Mark McIntyre

Tars_Tarkas

Feb 7, 2003, 5:28:50 PM2/7/03
LShaping wrote:
> rjh <bin...@eton.powernet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<b17pr5$2c6$3...@sparta.btinternet.com>...
>

>>This is not a chat room. Please wait for a reply to your question, rather
>>than posting it again (not that this behaviour is appreciated in decent
>>chat rooms, mind you).
>

> Since this is a comp.lang.* group, your rude behaviour is normal here.
> On the rest of UseNet, we tend to ignore trivial, first time
> annoyances like the one you are so upset about.

Having just recently had a look around usenet, it would seem that (much
of) the rest of usenet isn't worth reading anymore. Precisly because
people don't tell people when they are annoyed. And I think that rjh did
so in a nice enough manner.

> If you really think the original poster's action is unacceptable in
> "decent" chat rooms, you are a pig-headed weirdo IMO.

Actually, the best reply to a remark like that, that I ever saw, was in
"Secret of Monkey Island": [1]

Guybrush: "You're just a bunch of foul smelling grog-swilling pigs!"
Pirate : "To be a pirate ye must also be a foul smelling grog-swilling
pig!"

Not that I'm stipulating that anybody here is either foul-smelling,
grog-swilling or has the head (or complete body) of a pig (if somebody
does, no offence ;)

Weird on the other hand, well, count me in.

> Out.

"Out" as in "Over and Out" or as in "Vade retro, satanas!"? ;)

[1] which was probably written in C, so there's some topicality there...
--
GP_Spukgestalt, human C coder, killed by a blast of fire.