ANSI/ISO/IEC 9899:1990 how to obtain?

tyra...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2008, 1:03:45 PM2/17/08
I am trying to get my hands on ANSI/ISO/IEC 9899:1990 as well as Cor
1:1994, Amd 1:1995, and Cor 2:1996. ANSI does not offer any of these
standards anymore (I checked by email as well). However ISO does have
a reference to these standards on their site, but are no longer
allowed to be purchased. So how do I obtain all of these standards?
--
comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: cl...@plethora.net -- you must
or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line. Sorry.

Const Pointer

Mar 8, 2008, 1:20:15 PM3/8/08
On Feb 17, 11:03 pm, tyrand...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am trying to get my hands on ANSI/ISO/IEC 9899:1990 as well as Cor
> 1:1994, Amd 1:1995, and Cor 2:1996.  ANSI does not offer any of these
> standards anymore (I checked by email as well).  However ISO does have
> a reference to these standards on their site, but are no longer
> allowed to be purchased.  So how do I obtain all of these standards?
> --
> comp.lang.c.moderated - moderation address: c...@plethora.net -- you must

> have an appropriate newsgroups line in your header for your mail to be seen,
> or the newsgroup name in square brackets in the subject line.  Sorry.

Hi,

Check @ http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/wg14/www/docs/n1124.pdf

/BR

Keith Thompson

Mar 17, 2008, 4:19:02 PM3/17/08
Const Pointer <c.poi...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Feb 17, 11:03 pm, tyrand...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I am trying to get my hands on ANSI/ISO/IEC 9899:1990 as well as Cor
>> 1:1994, Amd 1:1995, and Cor 2:1996.  ANSI does not offer any of these
>> standards anymore (I checked by email as well).  However ISO does have
>> a reference to these standards on their site, but are no longer
>> allowed to be purchased.  So how do I obtain all of these standards?
>
> Check @ http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/wg14/www/docs/n1124.pdf

That's not what the original poster was looking for. He was looking
for a copy of the C90 standard; n1124 is a post-standard draft of C99.
(And n1256, at the obvious URL, is a more recent post-standard draft,
incorporating three Technical Corrigenda).

I have a (low-quality) PDF copy of the C90 standard, which I purchased
from ansi.org, but I don't think they offer it anymore -- and the
license terms forbid me even to *think* about distributing copies.

You might be able to find a used copy of Schildt's "The Annotated ANSI
C Standard", which has almost the entire C90 standard in printed form
(I think a page is missing). Beware: the annotations are worse than
useless; see <http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/schildt.html>.

The problem, of course, is that C90 is officially obsolete, even
though it's still in widespread use. Since ANSI and ISO are no longer
interested in selling it, it would be nice if they made it freely
available, but that's not likely to happen.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) <ks...@mib.org>
Nokia