SHDOCVW.DLL registering problem

Roberto Sagoleo

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

Hi to All,
here I am again with another amazing question.

I have developed a program for Windows'95 that
shows in a form an HTML page
using the WebBrowser control of VisualBasic 5.0.
This program works fine in RUN-time mode,
and in EXEcuting-mode on the developing machine,
which has the 4.71 version of SHDOCVW.DLL.
I suppose that SHDOCVW.DLL was updated to 4.71 version
by the MS-InternetExplorer 4.0 installation.

If I use the Application-SetUp-Wizard program
to prepare the installation files,
and then try to install my application on another computer it happens:

-) If I try to install my application on a computer with
SHDOCVW.DLL Version 4.71
the installation program goes successfully
and my application works well.

-) If I try to install my application on a computer with
SHDOCVW.DLL Version 4.70
the installation program,
after copying the necessary file on the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory,
shows the following error message:
"An error occurred while registering the file:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL"
and my application doesn't work.

The horrible situation on this computer is that the SHDOCVW.DLL
is now registered with a "not compliant" version
of the file installed in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.

So:
-) you cannot use the 4.70 because the correct file is missing.
-) you cannot use the 4.71because the library is not registered.

The main problem is that it is not possible
to register the newer version of the library
that I need in order to use its advanced features (new methods and
properties).

Any helps will be appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Roberto SAGOLEO.

ADVANCED ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY S.r.l.
mailto:roberto...@aetnet.it
http://www.aetnet.it/aet/aet.htm
EASYMAGE - The new way of managing 3D medical images
Now available at: http://www.aetnet.it/aet/products/easymage