(gawk) Is 'igawk' still relevant?

Kenny McCormack

Sep 18, 2016, 10:01:13 AM9/18/16
I've noticed that current builds of GAWK install something called 'igawk'
when you do 'make install'. I have never used 'igawk' and so don't really
know what it does, but from the comments, it seems to implement an
"include file" mechanism for GAWK.

My question is, now that we have "@include" in the language, is there any
reason to keep promulgating 'igawk'? Is there something I am missing?

lines long. As such, it violates one or more Usenet RFCs. In order to remain in
compliance with said RFCs, the actual sig can be found at the following web address:
http://www.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/DanaC

Andrew Schorr

Sep 18, 2016, 11:04:38 PM9/18/16
On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:01:13 AM UTC-4, Kenny McCormack wrote:
> My question is, now that we have "@include" in the language, is there any
> reason to keep promulgating 'igawk'? Is there something I am missing?

It is obsolete and will be removed in the 4.2 release.

Regards,
Andy

Kenny McCormack

Sep 19, 2016, 3:51:53 AM9/19/16
In article <fbe98015-8bbe-46c4...@googlegroups.com>,
OK. Sounds good.

--
"The party of Lincoln has become the party of John Wilkes Booth."

- Carlos Alazraqui -