ubuntu 14.04 or Mint 17.x binary package for gawk 4.1.3?

pjfarley3

Dec 4, 2015, 3:21:33 PM12/4/15
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a source for an ubuntu 14.04 or Mint 17.x binary distribution of gawk 4.1.3? A PPA source for the Software Manager would be excellent news.

I know, I know, "use the source Luke!", but I was hoping someone else had already done it.

TIA for any info you can provide.

Peter

Janis Papanagnou

Dec 4, 2015, 3:42:23 PM12/4/15
Use the source, Peter! - Really, invoking the compile incantation is one line
of commands, a lot less effort than writing a Usenet post, or asking someone
to do that job, post a link to a [hopefully reliable] binary, and download it.
The gawk code compiles smoothly on Ubuntu. And the whole compilation required
just one or two minutes on my system, also not more time than required to
answer a Usenet post.

Janis