XML extension for MacOSX

Desiderius

Feb 26, 2015, 6:57:01 AM2/26/15
Hi all

I would want to use gawk to parse a large XML file.

I have downloaded and installed the package of gawk 4.1.0 here on my Mac :

http://rudix.org/packages/gawk.html

The installation ended well !

But when I try to use :

gawk -l xml .....

I get

"AWKLIBPATH is no set : Unable to find libraries"

What value must have AWKLIBPATH on MacOSX ?

Thanks by advance for your answers

DC

Hermann Peifer

Feb 26, 2015, 2:24:57 PM2/26/15
On 2015-02-26 12:56, Desiderius wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I would want to use gawk to parse a large XML file.
>
> I have downloaded and installed the package of gawk 4.1.0 here on my Mac :
>
> http://rudix.org/packages/gawk.html
>
> The installation ended well !
>
> But when I try to use :
>
> gawk -l xml .....
>
> I get
>
> "AWKLIBPATH is no set : Unable to find libraries"
>
> What value must have AWKLIBPATH on MacOSX ?

I have no clue about where rudix installs packages. My gawk lives in my
user space, see below. I guess you can apply the path logic in analogy
on your side.

Hermann

$ which gawk
/Users/peifer/local/bin/gawk

$ env | grep AWKLIBPATH
AWKLIBPATH=/Users/peifer/local/lib/gawk

Andrew Schorr

Feb 26, 2015, 6:24:00 PM2/26/15
On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 6:57:01 AM UTC-5, Desiderius wrote:
> But when I try to use :
>
> gawk -l xml .....
>
> I get
>
> "AWKLIBPATH is no set : Unable to find libraries"
>
> What value must have AWKLIBPATH on MacOSX ?

Have you also installed gawkextlib and gawk-xml from this URL?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gawkextlib/files/?source=navbar

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see this error message anywhere in the codebase. Can you please cut and paste the exact error that you are encountering? There is always a default value for AWKLIBPATH, so I do not know where this error comes from.

Regards,
Andy