Any word on the ETA of GAWK 4.1.4?

Kenny McCormack

Aug 22, 2016, 7:25:01 PM8/22/16
Yeah, I know this is jumping the gun and the answer is going to be "It's
ready when it's ready...", but still...

I am in the position of needing to compile up from source a version for a
machine I'm building, and I'd rather wait for the 4.1.4 release before
going ahead with it. I.e., so I don't feel like I will just have to do it
all over again when 4.1.4 is released.

So, any guesses as to ETA?

P.S. I suppose I could grab the current beta (4.1.3z or whatever it is),
but then again, that's got its own problems.

lines long. As such, it violates one or more Usenet RFCs. In order to remain in
compliance with said RFCs, the actual sig can be found at the following web address:
http://www.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/Infallibility

Aharon Robbins

Aug 23, 2016, 12:16:19 AM8/23/16
I hope very soon, like a week or so. No promises, of course.

In article <npg1kc$jkl$1...@news.xmission.com>,
--
Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com

Marc de Bourget

Aug 23, 2016, 5:52:00 AM8/23/16
Le mardi 23 août 2016 06:16:19 UTC+2, Aharon Robbins a écrit :
> I hope very soon, like a week or so. No promises, of course.
>
> In article <>,
> Kenny McCormack <> wrote:
> >Yeah, I know this is jumping the gun and the answer is going to be "It's
> >ready when it's ready...", but still...
> >
> >I am in the position of needing to compile up from source a version for a
> >machine I'm building, and I'd rather wait for the 4.1.4 release before
> >going ahead with it. I.e., so I don't feel like I will just have to do it
> >all over again when 4.1.4 is released.
> >
> >So, any guesses as to ETA?
> >
> >P.S. I suppose I could grab the current beta (4.1.3z or whatever it is),
> >but then again, that's got its own problems.
> >
> >--
> >The randomly chosen signature file that would have appeared here is more than 4
> >lines long. As such, it violates one or more Usenet RFCs. In order to
> >remain in
> >compliance with said RFCs, the actual sig can be found at the following
> >web address:
> > http://www.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/Infallibility
>

> --
> Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com

Sounds great, thank you. Will the release contain the speed improvement for regular expressions mentioned in the 'mawk 2.0 beta' thread?

Andrew Schorr

Aug 23, 2016, 8:11:36 PM8/23/16
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 5:52:00 AM UTC-4, Marc de Bourget wrote:
> Sounds great, thank you. Will the release contain the speed improvement for regular expressions mentioned in the 'mawk 2.0 beta' thread?

That change is in the 4.1 stable branch, so most likely yes.

Regards,
Andy

Aharon Robbins

Aug 23, 2016, 10:51:48 PM8/23/16
In article <f53eb8e2-46d5-4389...@googlegroups.com>,
Marc de Bourget <marcde...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Sounds great, thank you. Will the release contain the speed improvement
>for regular expressions mentioned in the 'mawk 2.0 beta' thread?

Yes.