Cygwin configure for gawk 4.1.3 fails to find installed libsigsegv

pjfarley3

Jul 11, 2016, 7:52:02 PM7/11/16
Hi all,

I am configuring a Cygwin build of gawk 4.1.3 in preparation for building gawkextlib, but the configure fails to find the installed libsigsegv even when the prefix dir is specified.

Command line:

./configure --with-mpfr=/usr/lib --with-readline=/usr/lib -with-libsigsegv-prefix=/usr

The mpfr/gmp and readline libraries were found OK.

The search for libsigsegv got this error in config.log:

configure:10268: checking for libsigsegv
configure:10290: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2 -DNDEBUG conftest.c /usr/lib/libsigsegv.dll.a >&5
In file included from conftest.c:73:0:
/usr/include/sigsegv.h:21:22: fatal error: ucontext.h: No such file or directory
#include <ucontext.h>
^
compilation terminated.

A #include for <ucontext.h> is the first non-preprocessor line in "sigsegv.h", so I guess it is required. I can't find ucontext.h in the Cygwin distribution, but I am not entirely sure where I should be looking for it, or what package might include it.

The Wikipedia for "setcontext" says that the "...context" functions were removed in POSIX.1-2008 in favor of POSIX threads, so why would sigsegv.h be looking for it now?

Or do I not need to worry about not having that library available?

TIA for any assistance you can provide.

Peter

Aharon Robbins

Jul 11, 2016, 11:30:08 PM7/11/16
In article <0f2b12bf-0893-4183...@googlegroups.com>,
pjfarley3 <pjfa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Or do I not need to worry about not having that library available?

Just configure without it. It makes very little difference.

(FWIW I have never had that problem, but Cygwin changes all the time...)
--
Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com

pjfarley3

Jul 12, 2016, 1:21:08 AM7/12/16
On Monday, July 11, 2016 at 11:30:08 PM UTC-4, Aharon Robbins wrote:
> pjfarley3 wrote:
> >Or do I not need to worry about not having that library available?
>
> Just configure without it. It makes very little difference.
>
> (FWIW I have never had that problem, but Cygwin changes all the time...)

Thanks Aharon. I will proceed without it.

This may be an artifact of the Cygwin distribution I am using, from the babun project. It packages the older 32-bit Cygwin and a large part of the development environment packages in one big piece, making it dead simple to install and use.

However, it does not have any automated option to change to use the latest 64-bit Cygwin base and packages, so that may be part of the problem.

I may visit the Cygwin mailing list and archives to see if this has been brought up before, but I'll proceed with my current project without libsigsegv.

Peter