I need some MASM manuals

sara grassi

Nov 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/8/00

Hi there,

We are starting working with assembler programming, particularly C
programming that called assembler routines.

They have bought Visual C++ V6.0 at our university, but it did not come
with MASM. I have managed to get the MASM from the Microsoft server
(version 6.15) but it does not have the manuals.

I would like to know how tho get the following manuals that were
supposed to come with the MASM 6.11 (even if this mean that I have to
buy the MASM software) or even better, their equivalent for the MASM
6.15:

Assembler Inside & Out, by Harley Hahn, Osborne McGraw Hill, Microsoft
Part # 35752, ISBN 0-07-881842-7
Microsoft MASM Environment and Tools, 928 pages, Document No.
DB55793-1093, rear bar code labeled 55793
Microsoft MASM Reference, 194 pages, Document No. DB35749-1292, rear bar
code labeled 35749
Microsoft MASM Programmer's Guide, 454 pages, Document No. DB35747-1292,
rear bar code labeled 35747
Microsoft MASM Getting Started, 40 pages, Document No. DB35753-1292,
rear bar code labeled 35753

It is funny but you don't seem to have a way to buy them anywere. I have
phoned what microsoft calls a "customer service" in Zurich, but they
have no clue. They actually told me that they think this product (MASM)
is not produced or supported anymore!

Does somebody can help me in finding where to buy / obtain these
manuals?

thanks a lot,

Sara

Sara Grassi, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist
Institute of Microtechnology - Electronics & Signal Processing Group
University of Neuchâtel
Breguet 2, CH -2000, Switzerland
e-mail : sara....@unine.ch
Tel. : ++ 41 (0)32 718 34 22 (work)
Tel. : ++ 41 (0)32 724 38 03 (home)
Fax : ++ 41 (0)32 718 34 02 (work)

General Gluteus Maximus

Nov 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/9/00

http://www.emsps.com

or maybe Ebay

"sara grassi" <sara....@imt.unine.ch> wrote in message

Hi there,

thanks a lot,

Sara

University of Neuchātel

Randall Hyde

Nov 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/9/00

in article t0j9l14...@corp.supernews.com, sara grassi at
sara....@imt.unine.ch wrote on 11/8/00 12:16 PM:

Keep an eye out on eBay.
MASM packages show up there now and then.
Randy Hyde

the_innoc...@my-deja.com

Nov 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/10/00
In article <t0j9l14...@corp.supernews.com>,
sara grassi <sara....@imt.unine.ch> wrote:

> Hi there,

> I would like to know how tho get the following manuals that were
> supposed to come with the MASM 6.11 (even if this mean that I have to
> buy the MASM software) or even better, their equivalent for the MASM
> 6.15:
>
> Assembler Inside & Out, by Harley Hahn, Osborne McGraw Hill, Microsoft
> Part # 35752, ISBN 0-07-881842-7
> Microsoft MASM Environment and Tools, 928 pages, Document No.
> DB55793-1093, rear bar code labeled 55793
> Microsoft MASM Reference, 194 pages, Document No. DB35749-1292, rear
bar
> code labeled 35749
> Microsoft MASM Programmer's Guide, 454 pages, Document No. DB35747-
1292,
> rear bar code labeled 35747
> Microsoft MASM Getting Started, 40 pages, Document No. DB35753-1292,
> rear bar code labeled 35753=20

> It is funny but you don't seem to have a way to buy them anywere. I
have
> phoned what microsoft calls a "customer service" in Zurich, but they
> have no clue. They actually told me that they think this product
(MASM)
> is not produced or supported anymore!=20

> Does somebody can help me in finding where to buy / obtain these
> manuals?

ohh..i must help you...
those Anti-Piracy blokes have pulled out all (above mentioned) manuals..
they should make 'em FREE for download...atleast some good old documents
and tools...:(

ok..Masm Manuals havent changed since Masm 6.1 ...
and..you can buy "Assembler Inside & Out" book..from any bookstore ;)
rest of the manuals come shrink wrapped with Masm assembler...

well..I've a link having those all 4 manuals in English....
but..the link itself is in russian...

hey... jump : http://document.newmail.ru/prasm.htm

and..search for : "Полное официальное руководство по MASM 6.11."
remember..its a 5MB download...

ok..how bout having full Masm 6.11 package... ;)
(aint I being much helpful.. ;)

for Masm 6.11 , goto : http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~bjorn/virus/
scroll down the bottom and u'll find it...

finally,
Enjoy assembly...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Simpleton Greives

Nov 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/10/00
sara grassi wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We are starting working with assembler programming, particularly C
> programming that called assembler routines.
>
> They have bought Visual C++ V6.0 at our university, but it did not come
> with MASM. I have managed to get the MASM from the Microsoft server
> (version 6.15) but it does not have the manuals.
>
> I would like to know how tho get the following manuals that were
> supposed to come with the MASM 6.11 (even if this mean that I have to
> buy the MASM software) or even better, their equivalent for the MASM
> 6.15:
The only book you really need is the Programmer's Guide. The rest is obsolete. The PG is
largely obsolete as well, but it's well written and some stuff does still apply. I don't
think you'll be able to find one book that covers 32-bit assembly in sufficient detail,
most likely you'll need to get several books and pick stuff here and there. The decent
32-bit books are Linux Assembly (Neveln, Linux-based, obviously), Inner Loops (Booth),
Advanced Assembly (Wrox red brick), Pentium something-something (Schmidt), perhaps Windows
Assembly Programming (Kauler, not too good, but there's something to pick from there too.)

> Assembler Inside & Out, by Harley Hahn, Osborne McGraw Hill, Microsoft
> Part # 35752, ISBN 0-07-881842-7
> Microsoft MASM Environment and Tools, 928 pages, Document No.
> DB55793-1093, rear bar code labeled 55793
> Microsoft MASM Reference, 194 pages, Document No. DB35749-1292, rear bar
> code labeled 35749
> Microsoft MASM Programmer's Guide, 454 pages, Document No. DB35747-1292,
> rear bar code labeled 35747
> Microsoft MASM Getting Started, 40 pages, Document No. DB35753-1292,
> rear bar code labeled 35753
>

> It is funny but you don't seem to have a way to buy them anywere. I have
> phoned what microsoft calls a "customer service" in Zurich, but they
> have no clue. They actually told me that they think this product (MASM)
> is not produced or supported anymore!
>

> Does somebody can help me in finding where to buy / obtain these
> manuals?
>

> thanks a lot,
>
> Sara
>
> --
> Sara Grassi, Ph.D.
> Senior Scientist
> Institute of Microtechnology - Electronics & Signal Processing Group

> University of Neuchâtel

Warwick Barnes

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00

The message <%FTO5.190$U4.1...@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>
from the_innoc...@my-deja.com contains these words:

> well..I've a link having those all 4 manuals in English....
> but..the link itself is in russian...

> hey... jump : http://document.newmail.ru/prasm.htm

> and..search for : "Полное официальное руководство по MASM 6.11."
> remember..its a 5MB download...

This appears to be a restricted site and wont allow me to download
the .....masm611 5Mb zip file.

the_innoc...@my-deja.com

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00

> This appears to be a restricted site and wont allow me to download
> the .....masm611 5Mb zip file.

yeah...the link is dead :(
anyways...I downloaded those Documents from this link, a month back.
I'll try to upload it somewhere.Please, wait until i post a new message
confirming a new link.

Note : if you find something useful on the net, get it soon.

bye