Hindi na sinusuportahan ng Google Groups ang mga bagong post o subscription sa Usenet. Matitingnan pa rin ang dati nang content.

OT2 Browsers

2 pagtingin
Lumaktaw sa unang mensaheng hindi pa nababasa

masonc

hindi pa nababasa,
Mar 5, 2015, 2:46:19 PM3/5/15
para kay
Which browser is best?

I have been using Opera for many years.
I love Opera for its freedom from junk and ease of use.
Chrome, Firefox, and MSIE I cannot tolerate for a number of reasons.
Perhaps they can be customized to equal Opera?

Why am I in such a minority?

MasonC frontal-lobe.info
MasonC

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

hindi pa nababasa,
Mar 5, 2015, 3:24:01 PM3/5/15
para kay
masonc wrote:

> Which browser is best?

Please go away. TIA.

PointedEars
--
var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
) // Plone, register_function.js:16

masonc

hindi pa nababasa,
Mar 5, 2015, 5:57:57 PM3/5/15
para kay
On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 21:22:40 +0100, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
<Point...@web.de> wrote:

>masonc wrote:
>
>> Which browser is best?
>
>Please go away. TIA.
>

>PointedEars

There was a time when differences between browsers was
a problem with much discussion here. Is that no longer the case?
Do all browsers conform to a standard for html(x)?

(you can, of course, ignore this thread)

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

hindi pa nababasa,
Mar 5, 2015, 6:42:47 PM3/5/15
para kay
masonc wrote:

> […] Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn […] wrote:
>> masonc wrote:
>>> Which browser is best?
>> Please go away. TIA.
>
> There was a time when differences between browsers was
> a problem with much discussion here. Is that no longer the case?

Discussing differences between browser’s layout engines is a subject
fundamentally different from a (pointless, flamewar-inciting) thread about
which browser is “best”.

Also, differences between browsers in general are not specific to HTML, so
as you already know, the general subject is off-topic here. It is on-topic
in comp.infosystems.ww.authoring.misc instead.

It is impolite to start a thread knowing that it is off-topic.

> Do all browsers conform to a standard for html(x)?

To *a* standard: yes. To one standard: no. STFW.

> (you can, of course, ignore this thread)

That nobody has to read everything is no excuse for posting anything,
anywhere.

Learn to post; that includes, but is not limited to, learning to quote.
And get a real name if you want to have the chance to be taken seriously.

PointedEars

Christoph M. Becker

hindi pa nababasa,
Mar 5, 2015, 6:59:53 PM3/5/15
para kay
masonc wrote:

> Which browser is best?

Most unfortunate question.

> I have been using Opera for many years.
> I love Opera for its freedom from junk and ease of use.
> Chrome, Firefox, and MSIE I cannot tolerate for a number of reasons.
> Perhaps they can be customized to equal Opera?

Why would you want that? If you like Opera, use it. If you like old
Opera (<15), and are concerned that its development has been ceased, you
could give Vivaldi[1] a try.

[1] <https://vivaldi.com/>

--
Christoph M. Becker