reflections from Myrtle Farm

EllisMorgan

Feb 3, 2018, 2:54:11 AM2/3/18
Richard,
I paid in the January batch of six cheques totalling £920 yesterday
morning and when I got back there was another waiting on the doormat. It
was the first one to arrive with a second class stamp, there we are
trying to keep our prices down and the customers are happy to use first
class stamps so they don't miss the chance of a days child care for only
£20.
The seventh cheque was for a family of five at Damerham where they had
filled in parental consent forms for each child and I notice the
youngest child was born in October 2010 so he will will only be seven
and three quarters in July. They have ticked the box saying "some of the
children are 8 or 9" which is not strictly true as their ages will be
12, 10, and 7 (pedantry alert!). I know that both Steve Harrison and
Tony feel strongly about not being asked to teach very young children.
Before I talk to the parents about it let's assume you are the lead
instructor at Damerham what would you say if I explained "The parents
are sure he is mature enough and I am happy to be his coach, will you
allow him on your course?". Then I could say to the parents "If you say
Thomas is ready to behave sensibly at the course and the lead instructor
is happy to have him then we will take him although he is only seven".
Meanwhile Dominic has written saying he is now 56 and looks forward to
doing more when he retires which might be when he is 60 but could be
earlier. He is off to New Zealand for a couple of weeks any day now so
he won't be at the Cart & Horses.
And Lindsay has sent an email asking why was he not invited to the Cart
& Horses. He was on the distribution list so it seems we have had some
sort of email glitch.

My garden has sheep (some of the time) to the east and south, neighbours
with high fences to the west and the A272 to the north so doing the
annual maintenance on the hedge increases my awareness of my
surroundings. Most notably a dog called Amber who runs with her mother
from Borough Road to Langrish school about 3 O'Clock and jogs back with
two children. Amber is a rescue dog and a lurcher with saluki and
whippet parents who sets a good pace but stops for a chat if she sees
me. The children are about the same age as Olive and Freja and it seems
they have also chosen to look outside Petersfield for their school.

I hope your scan and meeting went well, regards Ellis.

James Moe

Feb 3, 2018, 1:03:52 PM2/3/18
On 02/03/2018 12:54 AM, EllisMorgan wrote:

> I hope your scan and meeting went well, regards Ellis.

I am guessing that this stream-of-consciousness post is sent to the
incorrect group, Mr el...@ellis.invalid.

--
James Moe
jmm-list at sohnen-moe dot com

EllisMorgan

Feb 4, 2018, 2:11:09 AM2/4/18
On 03/02/2018 18:03, James Moe wrote:
> On 02/03/2018 12:54 AM, EllisMorgan wrote:
>
>> I hope your scan and meeting went well, regards Ellis.
>>
> I am guessing that this stream-of-consciousness post is sent to the
> incorrect group, Mr el...@ellis.invalid.

You are quite right - an embarrassing bit of finger trouble. More haste
less speed, sorry everyone.

ma...@mail.com

Feb 4, 2018, 4:02:56 AM2/4/18
'Twas fun reading :)