Why does W10 load so fast?

Philip Herlihy

May 13, 2016, 5:55:59 AM5/13/16
Recent versions of Windows seem to load faster and faster. Is this just
judicious tuning of what's needed before offering a desktop, or has the
fundamental mechanism changed? Is it saving and loading an image, for
example?

--

Phil, London

Barry Margolin

May 13, 2016, 11:04:23 AM5/13/16
In article <MPG.319fb3e35...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Wrong newsgroup?

--
Barry Margolin, bar...@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Philip Herlihy

May 14, 2016, 5:35:49 AM5/14/16
In article <barmar-B42A0E....@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
bar...@alum.mit.edu says...

> In article <MPG.319fb3e35...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Philip Herlihy <thiswillb...@you.com> wrote:
>
> > Recent versions of Windows seem to load faster and faster. Is this just
> > judicious tuning of what's needed before offering a desktop, or has the
> > fundamental mechanism changed? Is it saving and loading an image, for
> > example?
>
> Wrong newsgroup?

Yes! (Sorry!)

--