HTML (et al) and WordPress

Gene Wirchenko

Mar 13, 2016, 9:19:20 PM3/13/16
Hello:

This newsgroup appears to have gone moribund, but on the chance
that there are people still following it, what is a good newsgroup for
HTML et al as used in WordPress?

As I am just starting out with detailed WordPress, I find that
crawling through Webpages looking for data is a lot slower than
discussing issues with people who know. (It is hard to know what I
need to know, never mind the answer to my question.)

Do you have any pointers for good information to help me get
going?

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Stan Brown

Mar 13, 2016, 10:27:17 PM3/13/16
Do you mean, from zero knowledge of HTML? This is the right
newsgroup, but I'd be amazed if Wordpress didn't have a tutorial. I
have no direct knowledge, but I suspect they allow some subset of
HTML, so probably you'll need their documentation in any case.

http://BrownMath.com/
http://OakRoadSystems.com/
HTML 4.01 spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/
validator: http://validator.w3.org/
CSS 2.1 spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/
validator: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
Why We Won't Help You: http://preview.tinyurl.com/WhyWont

dorayme

Mar 14, 2016, 3:09:14 AM3/14/16
In article <f54ceb1gr95a354qp...@4ax.com>,
No usenet group appears for me on this matter. But perhaps most
expertise etc can be had from

<https://codex.wordpress.org/Forum_Welcome>

--
dorayme

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Mar 14, 2016, 5:39:46 AM3/14/16
Gene Wirchenko wrote:

> […] what is a good newsgroup for HTML et al as used in WordPress?

Because of “et al[.]” it is <news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.misc>,
otherwise it would be the newsgroup you have posted to.

PointedEars
--
Sometimes, what you learn is wrong. If those wrong ideas are close to the
root of the knowledge tree you build on a particular subject, pruning the