Web Design - The First 100 Years

1 view

starry...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2015, 9:44:59 AM7/25/15
'"Web Design: The First 100 Years" [Idle Words].
The 1995 page style is a design statement. This is
a great talk, well worth reading, especially if you
want framing for why the glibertarian squillionaires
who run Silicon Valley are bonkers.' [Naked Capitalism]

http://idlewords.com/talks/web_design_first_100_years.htm

masonc

Jul 25, 2015, 3:42:14 PM7/25/15
a MUST READ

Hans-Georg Michna

Jul 26, 2015, 9:03:15 AM7/26/15
On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 06:44:56 -0700 (PDT), starry...@gmail.com
wrote:

The guy reminds me of Karl Marx, who provided an excellent
analysis of the past, but then proceeded to have his truly
terrible and completely wrong views about the future.

But I repeat that the first part of the speech is on the mark
and hilariously funny at times. Just be careful when you read on
about his views about the future. He definitely has not mastered
the art of the long view, which is quite typical and widespread.

I wish I could say that I have mastered it, but at least I am
more careful with predictions.

Hans-Georg