Apache on line editing tools

The Doctor

Oct 14, 2015, 7:27:54 PM10/14/15
Question, is there an online editing toll for Apache web Sites?
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Time for Stephen to move on on Oct 19 2015!!

David E. Ross

Oct 14, 2015, 10:08:44 PM10/14/15
On 10/14/2015 4:27 PM, The Doctor wrote:
> Question, is there an online editing toll for Apache web Sites?

Unless you are running your own Web server, the answer is likely "no".
Most Web hosting services will not allow the contents of their servers
to be modified at the byte level. This is done by blocking read-write
logons. The only allowed modifications are generally at the file level,
via FTP. (Note: FTP is a protocol, not an application, although some
applications that use FTP are themseles called FTP.)

--
David E. Ross

Is Kim Davis a hero or a villain? See my
<http://www.rossde.com/KimDavis.html>.

The Doctor

Oct 15, 2015, 8:29:03 AM10/15/15
In article <mvn1r8$eh5$1...@news.albasani.net>,
David E. Ross <nob...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>On 10/14/2015 4:27 PM, The Doctor wrote:
>> Question, is there an online editing toll for Apache web Sites?
>>

>Unless you are running your own Web server, the answer is likely "no".
>Most Web hosting services will not allow the contents of their servers
>to be modified at the byte level. This is done by blocking read-write
>logons. The only allowed modifications are generally at the file level,
>via FTP. (Note: FTP is a protocol, not an application, although some
>applications that use FTP are themseles called FTP.)

And since that I am running my own web server ??!!

>--
>David E. Ross
>
>Is Kim Davis a hero or a villain? See my
><http://www.rossde.com/KimDavis.html>.

David E. Ross

Oct 15, 2015, 11:14:15 AM10/15/15
On 10/15/2015 5:29 AM, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <mvn1r8$eh5$1...@news.albasani.net>,
> David E. Ross <nob...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>> On 10/14/2015 4:27 PM, The Doctor wrote:
>>> Question, is there an online editing toll for Apache web Sites?
>>>

>> Unless you are running your own Web server, the answer is likely "no".
>> Most Web hosting services will not allow the contents of their servers
>> to be modified at the byte level. This is done by blocking read-write
>> logons. The only allowed modifications are generally at the file level,
>> via FTP. (Note: FTP is a protocol, not an application, although some
>> applications that use FTP are themseles called FTP.)
>>

> And since that I am running my own web server ??!!

What I do is keep a complete copy of my Web site on my PC. Since I
create my Web pages manually (that is, I do not use any kind of
composer), I edit with Wordpad (definitely NOT Word). After
spell-checking, verifying that external links are still valid, and using
the W3C HTML and CSS validators via file uploads, I then transfer my
file to the server.

tlvp

Oct 15, 2015, 10:26:08 PM10/15/15
Well, maybe The Doctor prefers to live dangerously, and ride bareback :-) .

Cheers, -- tlvp

The Doctor

Oct 16, 2015, 10:27:47 AM10/16/15
In article <11oz7kg7qvxqr.1...@40tude.net>,
;-)

All right, just that some custoemrs are too lazy to do that.

They want to edit their web site on the go.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Oct 16, 2015, 12:52:59 PM10/16/15
The Doctor wrote:

> Question, is there an online editing [tool] for Apache web Sites?

Answer, yes there is.

PointedEars
--
var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
) // Plone, register_function.js:16

The Doctor

Oct 16, 2015, 4:42:53 PM10/16/15
In article <1903646.V...@PointedEars.de>,
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <dci...@PointedEars.de> wrote:
>The Doctor wrote:
>
>> Question, is there an online editing [tool] for Apache web Sites?
>
>Answer, yes there is.

Where do you get it from?

>PointedEars
>--
>var bugRiddenCrashPronePieceOfJunk = (
> navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE 5') != -1
> && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac') != -1
>) // Plone, register_function.js:16

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Oct 16, 2015, 5:26:15 PM10/16/15
The Doctor wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <dci...@PointedEars.de> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:
>>> Question, is there an online editing [tool] for Apache web Sites?
>> Answer, yes there is.
>
> Where do you get it from?

The Web.

PointedEars