"You cannot update or delete the document(s) since you are not listed as an allowable Author for this document".

lrlevin

Apr 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/13/99
Error Msg:
"You cannot update or delete the document(s) since you are not listed
as an allowable Author for this document".

Solution copied from Lotus Notes Knowledge Base :
"This error occurs if the name in the Access Control List (ACL) is
listed hierarchically (for example, John Doe/CAM/Lotus) and the
AuthorNames field has the name listed as the common name (for example,
John Doe). "

I've changed the author fields to appear hierarchically all over, but
the editors still get the same error msg.

Has anyone experienced the same and found a solution?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thx in advance,
Linda Levinsen
Surf Usenet at home, on the road, and by email -- always at Talkway.

Jim Marshall

Apr 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/14/99
in the ACL do these people have the ability to "Delete Documents"? It's
a check box

--
Visit:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jjmarshall/

Ian Hobson

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99
In article <PcMQ2.1797$fH2...@c01read04.service.talkway.com>, lrlevin
<llev...@geneer.com> writes

>Error Msg:
>"You cannot update or delete the document(s) since you are not listed
>as an allowable Author for this document".
>
>Solution copied from Lotus Notes Knowledge Base :
>"This error occurs if the name in the Access Control List (ACL) is
>listed hierarchically (for example, John Doe/CAM/Lotus) and the
>AuthorNames field has the name listed as the common name (for example,
>John Doe). "
>
>I've changed the author fields to appear hierarchically all over, but
>the editors still get the same error msg.

Have you used script and reset the field properties names and isAuthors
after changing it? You need to .

I think you will need to use the canonical format not the abbreviated
format.

If your user in in another domain (has a different @domain part of their
name to your server) then this must be included in the field. If your
user is local, then the @domain part *must* be omitted.

Finally, I believe that you can hide the names in a group and then place
any of the user's alternative spellings (see Username on his document in
the PNAB), but I have not tried this.

Regards

Ian
--
Ian Hobson

Embrace experience, and tolerate the guru. Most people get this back to front.