What means: Couldn't get default view ID for database?

Rafael Pabst

Oct 16, 2001, 10:56:05 AM10/16/01
Hello,

What means this Error message? It happens, when I add a command
RTIItem.AppendDocLink(Document,"")

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

rp system solutions
MS-Office Development
Internet Database Development

Rafael Pabst
EMail: rpsy...@yahoo.de
Homepage: www.white-album.de
ICQ: 763 44 727

Daniel Fulton

Oct 16, 2001, 1:31:37 PM10/16/01
Just means that no view has been selected as the default view for the
database. (Open a view design element and select "Default when database is
first opened" from the Info tab of the view properties dialog.)

This will give Notes a reference point for the doclink. See example code
behind a doclink below:

Daniel Fulton - TestCo: Weekly Project Progress Report
<NDL> 'tag indicating a Note DocLink
<REPLICA 852568AF:004E28A9> 'replica ID for the db where the document
resides
<VIEW OF38D46BF5:E8F08834-ON852564B5:00129B2C> 'view ID for the default view
in the db
<NOTE OFB35A3B4F:A39688DA-ON86256ACD:007241D0> 'note ID for the document
<REM>Database 'Daniel Fulton', View 'Inbox', Document TestCo: Weekly Project
Progress Report'</REM> '
</NDL> 'close the tag
--
Good luck,

Dan Fulton

Remove "DeleteMe" from my email address to reply.
"The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all
your money." -- Anonymous

"Rafael Pabst" <RafaelMa...@post.rwth-aachen.de> wrote in message

Karl

Oct 20, 2001, 4:10:13 AM10/20/01
Rafael, you must have at least one view as the default. Check the view
property settings. With a single default view, mailing and other functions
won't work. It's also advisable to have a default form.